No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

I'm out. 2nd rounder.
    Last edited by Alex11; 09-07-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I'm out in the 2nd round, too. It's a conspiracy!

Comment

The mail has ran again. No news again. No phone call either. This is becoming complete and utter BS.
        "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
          The mail has ran again. No news again. No phone call either. This is becoming complete and utter BS.
          Best of luck to you. Hopefully they will call you stating you're a semi-finalist within the next couple of days.

Comment

Still haven't received a letter. Does anyone know what the "Latitude" category means? Some kind of sponsored category?

Comment

Originally posted by blue439 View Post
              Still haven't received a letter. Does anyone know what the "Latitude" category means? Some kind of sponsored category?
              It means you pay $20 extra to be considered for it.
              Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex11 View Post
                Best of luck to you. Hopefully they will call you stating you're a semi-finalist within the next couple of days.
                That would be great and that's what I hope happens, but more than likely the rejection letter is just hung up in the mail. The same script didn't make it in Slamdance.
                "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

two out of three second rounders.. the one that didn't make it, my nicholl's and page semi finalist.. always a crapshoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
                    The same script didn't make it in Slamdance.
                    Don't worry about it. Slamdance likes quirky, edgy, indie. I wrote a quirky, edgy, indie script and made the semifinals in 2006. This year I sent in my historical drama and got dinked. Not surprising.

Comment

Don't worry about it. Slamdance likes quirky, edgy, indie. I wrote a quirky, edgy, indie script and made the semifinals in 2006. This year I sent in my historical drama and got dinked. Not surprising.
                      I'm not sure about that. Years ago I sent them a very quirky script, and in the coverage there was a note that said: "Really, anal sex on page 45?"

Granted, the script was shitty, but what kind of a note is that? Seems like a very mainstream note to me.
                      Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Latitude is sponsored by a production company. It's for a script that can be made for under 10 million, I believe. The guy who runs it is the real deal. A nice guy. Been in the business a long time. Check the FAQs.

Comment

Originally posted by NatachaVonBraun View Post
                          I'm not sure about that. Years ago I sent them a very quirky script, and in the coverage there was a note that said: "Really, anal sex on page 45?"

Granted, the script was shitty, but what kind of a note is that? Seems like a very mainstream note to me.
                          Don't you have Syd Field's latest?

"Inciting Incident - page 10
                          Central Question - page 17
                          Act II Turning Point - page 26
                          Anal Sex - page 35"
                          (emphasis mine)

So you see, that reader was just following the rules. 10 pages earlier makes all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post

Anal Sex - page 35"
                            (emphasis mine)

So you see, that reader was just following the rules. 10 pages earlier makes all the difference.
                            Right. But I put it on page 45 because I was trying to be indie and quirky to impress Slamdance. They are as mainstream as it gets.

Comment

Heads-up Second Rounders....Austin (512) is calling us to let us know about the discounts and special benny's we receive at the Fest for being Second Rounders.

Just wanted you to know so that you wouldn't think that they were calling to tell you they made a mistake and that you are a Semi-Finalist. Not like I thought that.

BTW: Calls to Semi's are being made today and tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post

Anal Sex - page 35"
                                (emphasis mine)

dang it, i was going to do that joke!

Comment

Working...
                                X