• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

Congrats, Stephen!

Comment

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
      Just got the call. HORROR COMIC is in the semis!!
      Fantastic!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Way to go Stephen! Major congrats!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Hope to meet a few DDPers in Austin.
            "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Hope to meet a few DDPers in Austin.
              I hope I'll be in the semifinals with you. Haven't heard anything one way or the other.

EDIT: Well the dink letters finally arrived. Best of luck to everyone else.
              Last edited by Kermet Key; 09-10-2010, 05:40 PM.
              "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

I'm hearing about this one all over -- it must be GREAT!

Good luck in Austin!
                "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Congrats Stephen! I'm in too! In sci-fi, not the general competition, but still ...

And it's funny - the notification went down exactly the way it did a few years ago. I got the dink letter days ago saying I was out in the 2nd Round, then just got an email saying I was a semifinalist in sci-fi.

Too funny.

See you there. Looking forward to taking advantage of the discounts.

Comment

Way to go, JKB!!!
                    And congrats to you as well, C.C.!
                    HL

Comment

Originally posted by JKB View Post

And it's funny - the notification went down exactly the way it did a few years ago. I got the dink letter days ago saying I was out in the 2nd Round, then just got an email saying I was a semifinalist in sci-fi.
                      Email? I thought all semi-fi's got a call?

And does this mean that the rest of us who got those 2d round letters are ALSO still potentially in the running, or if we didn't get the email/call by now it's game over?

Does anyone know when they're posting the official list on the website, which should clear up any lingering uncertainty?
                      Last edited by LauriD; 09-13-2010, 12:45 AM. Reason: addition
                      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

I doubt if even the people who are "organising" this competition know. I still haven't had a letter, or an email!

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
                          Email? I thought all semi-fi's got a call?

And does this mean that the rest of us who got those 2d round letters are ALSO still potentially in the running, or if we didn't get the email/call by now it's game over?

Does anyone know when they're posting the official list on the website, which should clear up any lingering uncertainty?
                          Hey Lauri,

My thoughts:

1) I thought SF's got a call, too, but Matt said he tried to call and didn't have a working number. I've SF'd twice now (both in sci-fi) and never received a call. I'd written AFF off this year by the same reasoning you did.

2) My guess is they do a separate mini-contest in sci-fi since you can enter your script specifically in that category for an extra $20:

http://www.austinfilmfestival.com/new/screenplay_rules

So ... you can place in sci-fi and not place in the general competition (which is what I appear to have done - SF in sci-fi, only 2nd Round in the general). If you entered one of the special categories (sci-fi or sponsored award), you may still be in the running even if you got 2nd Rd. dink letters.

3) Don't know when the list goes up. I'll ask Matt when I talk to him. Finalists won't be determined until the end of the month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

justin, if you haven't heard anything, I might try calling. You should have heard something by now.

Comment

Received a call from Austin re: travel discounts.

Too little too late.

They should have notified me a month ago and then maybe I could have traveled to the conference.

Really not happy with their notification process.

Comment

Hey all, this is a shout-out to any semi finalists who want to get in touch. I placed in the semis in the sci-fi category and just joined this board. Feel free to reply or PM me if you want to chat all things Austin.

Comment

i'm a second rounder, got a call from troy late last week chatting me up about the benefits of attending

i'm working out logistics but i'm 85% likely going right now

Comment

Working...
                                X