No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

Honestly, I think this is what killed me:

"Played out and done. Title is unoriginal as well. Despite, this it is still an entertaining read."

So I do take that criticism to heart 'cause...well, they're right. But I'm working on it.

HH

Comment

for those of you who got notes back on your submissions - was this coverage part of the entry fee or did you pay an additional amount to have notes taken on your script?

Comment

when/how did you guys receive your notes? i haven't gotten anything back yet

i will say that the lines of communication with the guys running the aff are a little....stilted....i still haven't received a confirmation for my being there, and they were reeeeeally slow to respond about availability for some of the panels

that said, i'm getting in thursday night and will be around friday-monday

Comment

Originally posted by jazzy3113 View Post
          for those of you who got notes back on your submissions - was this coverage part of the entry fee or did you pay an additional amount to have notes taken on your script?
          I know I didn't pay for it. I think it came free to 2d rounders and up.
          "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

second rounders get the reader notes on their submissions gratis. that said, i'm still waiting for mine . . . (maybe TV people are on a different schedule than features)

Comment

Still waiting for mine too. Does it arrive via snail or e-mail?

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                Still waiting for mine too. Does it arrive via snail or e-mail?
                email

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                  second rounders get the reader notes on their submissions gratis. that said, i'm still waiting for mine . . . (maybe TV people are on a different schedule than features)
                  I wrote a TV spec and received mine a few days ago. I almost hit delete because I didn't immediately recognize the sender.

You may want to check your spam folder just in case it was filtered out.

Comment

Just want to say it somewhere: Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story3) gave two panels at the Austin Film Festival that were OUTSTANDING.
                    When someone gets a standing ovation for a power point presentation, there's something going on! When story analysts emerge from the audience of a panel with their minds blown, there was something amazing going on inside that room.
                    Yay and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
                      Just want to say it somewhere: Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine, Toy Story3) gave two panels at the Austin Film Festival that were OUTSTANDING.
                      When someone gets a standing ovation for a power point presentation, there's something going on! When story analysts emerge from the audience of a panel with their minds blown, there was something amazing going on inside that room.
                      Yay and thank you!
                      Cool. Are they posting audio/video of any of the panels, or is anyone posting notes?

Comment

Michael Arndt wants to try to put the whole thing on line but he uses examples from movies he doesn't own the rights to and doesn't want to get sued. Someone in the audience suggested he write "see Star Wars chapter XYZ, 17 minutes in..." or whatever. Hopefully he will.

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
                          Yay and thank you!
                          Unfortunately I missed the Toy Story panel, but caught the mid-end of the Sunday Graduate/Star Wars/Little Miss Sunshine panel and it blew my mind.

Gave me a lot to think about on the ride back to NYC.

Was that really powerpoint he used? Didn't know it could incorporate video...

Comment

Arndt's presentations were the hit of Austin-we could clearly hear the applause for his Sunday presentation in the next room and everyone was raving about his panels throughout the weekend.

There were so many good speakers and good panels--not regretting the fact I missed Arndt's: i feel blessed to have met so many cool folks on so many levels.

joereiter--got your email, will respond and send script tonight. So great to meet you--you were the first of very many wonderful people I met out there.

Comment

Working...
                            X