No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

Originally posted by NatachaVonBraun View Post
    This morning this was posted on their wall.

Hey Losers! Heads up! We just sent out rejection emails to the sucky people!

They must have taken it down. Because, w00t! and Yay! must stay positive!
    are you serious? dang that's pretty condescending and degrading. after reading the other thread about their contest, that's not surprising. ive taken austin off my list of top tier contests. seems like the only classy contest is the nicholl's.

Comment

Oh, come on, manji! They've been hacked, if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
        are you serious? dang that's pretty condescending and degrading. after reading the other thread about their contest, that's not surprising. ive taken austin off my list of top tier contests. seems like the only classy contest is the nicholl's.
        Lordmanji and Carcar, I was kidding. Disclaimer: never take anything I say seriously. It is nice to find two people who do though.
        Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Originally posted by NatachaVonBraun View Post
          Lordmanji and Carcar, I was kidding. Disclaimer: never take anything I say seriously. It is nice to find two people who do though.
          natacha, whatever you write, don't write comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
            natacha, whatever you write, don't write comedy.
            Oh, you betcha I won't! Thanks! And sorry again for confusing you!
            Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Should I feel bad for laughing right now? It seems like I should.

Comment

I emailed them to ask. No response yet.
                "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
                  I don't think we have any confirmation at all... I'm
                  Not buying it.

Someone's just tying to stir up the boards if you look at the contest threads...

Carry on.
                  You don't have to believe one word I say. I really don't care.

I've applied to each of the major fellowships. I live in LA and I have a pretty large network.

This is a public forum. I'm sharing what I know. It doesn't behoove me to spread misinformation. I have much better things to do as I watch my inbox for any sort of update from the fellowships/programs.

Again, believe me or not. It really doesn't matter to me.

Comment

-
                    Last edited by TheCleaner; 03-02-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Here's the official word. I emailed Matt via the link on the Austin site and noted that people on the board were saying the results were out. His reply:

Thanks for pointing that out. No one has been notified yet of their placement in the competition. I did send out a mass confirmation e-mail earlier this month detailing when announcements will be made. All letters for First and Second Round placement will be mailed off by September 2nd and all Semi-Finalists will be notified by phone. All notifications go out at the same time and no one receives advanced word. The only person who has the authority to announce placement is me. So if that person received some kind of notification from someone other than me, then it's not valid by any means. Again, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Hang in there. We'll be announcing soon. Good luck!

Best,

Matt Dy
                      Screenplay Competition Director
                      Austin Film Festival
                      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Thanks for that, Lauri!

Comment

Yes, thank you Lauri. I've been waiting with baited breath to find out if I need to book a flight to Texas.

Comment

last year, notification letters went out by Sept 3 and dders started receiving them earlier than that on Aug 29. if the same holds true for this year, notification letters that are going out by Sept 2 should be in people's mailboxes on Aug 28.

Comment

Email seems so much faster and I hate to say it, more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex11 View Post
                                Email seems so much faster and I hate to say it, more efficient.
                                But when they physically mail the rejection letters, they include a booklet on the Austin Film Festival and registration material and stuff. It's a, "Hey, you didn't win, but come hang out!" mailing. Granted, you could put all that stuff online and in the email, but I bet snail mail is the best way to hook the losers into coming anyway. It feels a bit more classy and official than an email, and that they also sent you expensive mailing pieces and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X