• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JKB
    replied
    Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
    I sincerely hope they've already sent out all the dink letters and all I'm left waiting on is the phone call.
    Me too. One of the few instances in life where total silence may be a good thing ...

Leave a comment:

• Kermet Key
    replied

Originally posted by visvivalaw View Post
    I called the screenplay director today (because I had nothing better to do) and he confirmed that yes, if you receive a letter, you're done. Only semi-finalists will receive phone calls.

He also said that he has not yet started making phone calls. That would happen during the course of this week.
    Thanks Viv, I sincerely hope they've already sent out all the dink letters and all I'm left waiting on is the phone call.

Leave a comment:

• Alex11
    replied

Originally posted by visvivalaw View Post
    I called the screenplay director today (because I had nothing better to do) and he confirmed that yes, if you receive a letter, you're done. Only semi-finalists will receive phone calls.

He also said that he has not yet started making phone calls. That would happen during the course of this week.
    Thank you for checking in.

Leave a comment:

• Alex11
    replied

Originally posted by PaleWriter View Post
    Thanks for checking in, V. Now I can enjoy the evening w/out constantly looking at my phone.
    LOL!

Me too.

Leave a comment:

• PaleWriter
    replied

Thanks for checking in, V. Now I can enjoy the evening w/out constantly looking at my phone.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JKB
    replied

As someone already said, letter = bad (you either failed to make the 2nd round, or you made the 2nd round and you're done)

Phone call = good (you're a semifinalist with a shot at being a finalist)

That's if everything goes according to the stated program. HOWEVER, when I SF'd in sci-fi/adventure a few years back, I got a letter saying I'd made the 2nd round in the general competition and was done.

Then I got another letter that said I was a semifinalist in the sci-fi category. I checked the Austin website, and sure enough, there I was on the SF list ... with my name spelled wrong.

To their credit, they fixed it quickly when I called. But I didn't get a phone call about it or nuthin'. That may have been before they did phone calls (2005).

Leave a comment:

• Alex11
    replied

Originally posted by redwriter View Post
    Nope. I'm out. The second round is the top 10 percent. Semis are top 5 percent, I think?
    Thanks.

It clears up much so much confusion.

Leave a comment:

• redwriter
    replied

Originally posted by Alex11 View Post
    This was very helpful. Thanks.

What exactly does it mean when a person makes it to the second round? Are you still eligible for the semi-finals?
    Nope. I'm out. The second round is the top 10 percent. Semis are top 5 percent, I think?

Leave a comment:

• Alex11
    replied

Originally posted by redwriter View Post
    Yes. I live in Austin and received nothing about the one script I entered until yesterday when I got my second round notification letter. Last year they sent them all at the same time because I entered 3 scripts; got a dink letter, a second round rejection and no letter on the third. I finally got a phone call about the third script placing a couple days or longer after I received my letters.

Just thought my info my help some of you still waiting. Good luck!!

This was very helpful. Thanks.

What exactly does it mean when a person makes it to the second round? Are you still eligible for the semi-finals?

Leave a comment:

• redwriter
    replied

Originally posted by lobster View Post
    I find it interesting that no one has reported a 2nd round placement or a semifinal phone call yet. Doesn't it sound like Austin sent out the rejection letters first?

I'm hoping this means the missing letters are 2nd round placement notifications, or that they will be semifinal phone calls. But then, I'm a hopeful optimist .
    Yes. I live in Austin and received nothing about the one script I entered until yesterday when I got my second round notification letter. Last year they sent them all at the same time because I entered 3 scripts; got a dink letter, a second round rejection and no letter on the third. I finally got a phone call about the third script placing a couple days or longer after I received my letters.

Just thought my info my help some of you still waiting. Good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• cshel
    replied

Originally posted by acquaformosa View Post
    I'm out . . . two letters arrived today in Seattle.

But I can't wait to leverage this "success" in my next query . . . saying something like, "I didn't receive my Austin rejection letters until Saturday."
    That was funny :-)

Leave a comment:

• Alex11
    replied

No call. No letter.

I'm still hopeful, I guess...

Leave a comment:

• snoozn
    replied

Got two letters in separate envelopes for my one screenplay--to let me know it didn't advance to second round in the regular feature or the sci fi category.

I hope some of you letterless people receive calls soon. The waiting is tough!

Leave a comment:

• JKB
    replied

Originally posted by lobster View Post
    Doesn't it sound like Austin sent out the rejection letters first?
    That's my thinking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X