No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

Originally posted by visvivalaw View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Furious. May I ask what city you're in?
    NY
    "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

got mine. im out. im in la. good luck to everyone else!

Comment

I'm in L.A. and I'm watching for the postman. He should be easy to spot with his cloak and scythe.

Comment

well i got the dink letter for my Parks & Rec spec in the sitcom teleplay competition today

but no letter or email regarding my White Collar spec in the drama teleplay category

i have no idea what this means

Comment

Would somebody be so kind as to post what these rejection letters say? Do they indicate whether your were a first or second round elimination or just a standard, "Sorry, but thanks"? My sanity would sincerely appreciate it.
            "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

mine said that my script did not advance to the Second Round

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. The mail already ran today (Indiana), and I have not received anything, but I did recently move (and I also contacted AFF to update my address), so...who knows.
                "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

Nothing in the mail today. I'm in San Diego.

Comment

I got a letter for my comedy - it said I didn't make the top 10% (second round).

Still haven't heard about my sci-fi/action. I'm in NYC. I suspect it's just the fact that Austin has 4,000+ paper notifications to get out. They really should go electronic.

Comment

I received dink letters for 2 of my 3 scripts entered. I hope that means that #3 is still in the running. Absent a phone call from Austin, I'll be nervously watching the postman again tomorrow.

Comment

This is the word from Austin from their Facebook page:

Screenplay Competition Update: As of today, all letters have been mailed. Please give them a week to arrive before you follow up with us. We will post Second Rounders and Semi-Finalists on our website in about a week. Thanks and good luck!

Comment

worst notification process ever

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
                            worst notification process ever
                            I agree.

Either do snail mail two weeks prior or email around this time.

Snail mail this late in the game seems so out of touch.

Comment

No mail or calls in Colorado. I'm scared to go to the mailbox tomorrow.

Comment

I just got my letter. I'm out. Good luck to all those who made it.

Comment

Working...
                                X