Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Austin Notifications

Anyone get a phone call saying they've advanced to the Semi's?
    (BTW - mail ran again, nothing).
    "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

When I got my phone call last year, I believe it was on a Monday (after the weekend, anyway.)

By then I'd convinced myself they'd never gotten my entry in the first place and I was really mad at the post office.

Comment

If the letters are out, do we assume that the calls have already been made? (That's how the Nicholl works....)
        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
          If the letters are out, do we assume that the calls have already been made? (That's how the Nicholl works....)
          I wouldn't make that assumption. I was told they'd begin this weekend or Monday.
          "All of us trying to be the camera behind the camera behind the camera. The last story in line. The Truth" Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted

Comment

This is my first year entering AFF. I entered three scripts. I received two rejection letters on Friday and gave the mailman the stink eye today in anticipation of the third. But fortunately it was just junk mail, etc. Nothing from Austin.

So now I wait for the phone to ring.... And wait.... If it doesn't ring by Monday night then I know the third letter will be coming very soon.

Good luck to everyone else out there waiting!

Comment

Last year I received that nice 512 phone call on Tuesday @ 5:40pm.

Comment

Nothing in the mail today, either. Hopeful? Or false hope that makes the letter hurt that much more?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim E View Post
                  Last year I received that nice 512 phone call on Tuesday @ 5:40pm.
                  Have you been able to parlee that phone call into any sales/reps/productions?

Comment

Originally posted by Kermet Key View Post
                    Have you been able to parlee that phone call into any sales/reps/productions?
                    Definitely helped get plenty of reads. Lots of bites, still trying to land one.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Comment

Being in Australia makes the wait that much longer, for my rejection letter. If I didn't make the cut, I will have not got a phone call on my Tuesday (America's Monday) AND will still have to wait for my rejection letter. How cruel is that?

Good luck to those still waiting confirmation either way.

Comment

Think I'll just resign myself to getting the result from the lists on the Austin website next week. They can't phone me or mail me as I've skipped the country (so to speak). It would be great if they discovered e-mail one day.

Comment

I find it interesting that no one has reported a 2nd round placement or a semifinal phone call yet. Doesn't it sound like Austin sent out the rejection letters first?

I'm hoping this means the missing letters are 2nd round placement notifications, or that they will be semifinal phone calls. But then, I'm a hopeful optimist.

I wonder if they find our constant speculation amusing.

Comment

I'm out . . . two letters arrived today in Seattle.

But I can't wait to leverage this "success" in my next query . . . saying something like, "I didn't receive my Austin rejection letters until Saturday."

Comment

Originally posted by lobster View Post
                              Doesn't it sound like Austin sent out the rejection letters first?
                              That's my thinking.

Comment

Got two letters in separate envelopes for my one screenplay--to let me know it didn't advance to second round in the regular feature or the sci fi category.

I hope some of you letterless people receive calls soon. The waiting is tough!

Comment

Working...
                                X