Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Eerie Horror Film Festival

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board, and I know there are older posts/threads mentioning the Eerie festival, but I wanted to post again and see if anyone had any additional thoughts since last year.

I have a script that I'm considering submitting to the short screenplay category, and from what I've seen about the festival it looks like a nice opportunity for horror writing. Is that still the general consensus?

Also, this may be a stupid question (this would be my first contest submission) - in the submission guidelines they say to only include the title and author name on the title page. I assume I take that at face value and do not even include copyright year or WGA registration info?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Re: 2010 Eerie Horror Film Festival

Face value.

Although I'm willing to bet if you put that additional info on, they won't be in a big hurry to refund your entrance fee and return your script.

Comment

Why would you pay to enter a contest with no prize? There's nothing listed on the website about prize money or exposure. What gives?!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Yeah the main website doesn't list a whole lot of info on it, but I found it through Withoutabox and the listing had more there:

https://withoutabox.com/03film/03t_f...gory_id=232300

Not huge prizes, but there is a small cash prize and free passes to the entire festival for winners, and another page under the feature and short screenplay sections it says:

"The top 3 winning screenplays will be announced on all Eerie Horror Film Festival websites and winner's information will be forwarded to industry professionals for consideration. Winners will be announced no later than September 15, 2010."

https://withoutabox.com/03film/03t_f...stival_id=3958

So one could win a bit of cash (mostly covering the entry fee and maybe covering a bit of travel to the festival), and access to the entire fest and the chance to network some. And if they'd pass it along to other professionals as a winning script, that'd be pretty cool.

To be honest, one reason I'm really interested is because they have a short script category, and I have a horror script done with a concept I really love.

Comment

Working...
        X