• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariot
    replied
    Re: Confessions of a Contest Judge

Originally posted by killertv
    From the blog post's comments:

I guess when you say "hurt" you mean "hurt their feelings" which is good because no one in Hollywood has thick skin. And sure, witnesses could be called into a court of law, but hearsay doesn't hold up there like it does on a blog where "allegedly" means proven. Even a newspaper would credit information to an anonymous source attributed to a position (e.g. White House staff, Pentagon/DOD, etc... i.e. contest judge, contest winner) before printing uncredited accusations.

I don't know how much of the post is right or how much of it is wrong, but even before this point it was clear there's more wrong with Silver than right. I came here to defend my friend who still has to deal with people inferring she tossed scripts on title page alone by taking her words literally when everything else in her story is read between the lines. Unfortunately, I've been able to change nothing and the story's dead.

Mod, put this thing to bed.
    Not hard to see how someone could think you're Margaux. You popped in to defend her and continue to do so. You've been here a short time and you're already giving orders to the moderators.

Why are you so invested in closing this thread and keeping this quiet?

Leave a comment:

• GirlinGray
    replied

I said they were under that impression. I did not say I am.

Leave a comment:

• GirlinGray
    replied

I think she has enough juice to call people up and scream at them on the telephone. If people don't want their names going up they don't.

Leave a comment:

• killertv
    replied

Originally posted by GirlinGray
    So KillerTV is Margaux Froley right? Sure sounds like her.
    i hope that blog post was researched more than this. check my first posts

Leave a comment:

• GirlinGray
    replied

If not then not. Sure is the same song.

Leave a comment:

• jimjimgrande
    replied

Originally posted by GirlinGray
    So KillerTV is Margaux Froley right? Sure sounds like her.
    I don't think so.

And in fact, unless I've been sociopathically lied to, it's definitely not.

Leave a comment:

• killertv
    replied

ask diablo cody

Leave a comment:

• SuperScribe
    replied

Yeah, my vote pretty much goes to the chick who does that comic.

Leave a comment:

• odocoileus
    replied

If all the A list screenwriters were shot, wouldn't they just be replaced by top rank fiction writers, playwrights, stand up comics, comic strip creators, and so on?

How many no name aspiring screenwriters have the storytelling skills and understanding of popular taste at a high enough level to compete?

Obviously, different media have different standards, different functions, different internal machinery. But there's still a fair amount of overlap in terms of telling good stories in an interesting way.

I mean, if I were a manager, and I were hunting for new talent, would I dig through the script slushpile? Or would I just call the chick who does this comic strip? (adult material, NSFW)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by killertv View Post
    i don't understand what just happened
    I was just saying that though I disagreed with you for much of the discussion, it's all good. I'm sure we agree on much more than we disagree on.

Leave a comment:

• instant_karma
    replied

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
    You're all nuts. You realize that, right? The whole lot of you.

In. Sane.
    pfft. You're the one who thinks he's talking to people around the world by typing things into a computer!

I mean, think about it. Could something like the internet really exist? Of course not! It's absurd.

The sad thing is that this is the last little island of sanity that remains in your deranged brain trying to save itself and you wont even believe it.

Leave a comment:

• SuperScribe
    replied

You're all nuts. You realize that, right? The whole lot of you.

In. Sane.

Leave a comment:

• killertv
    replied

Originally posted by KenRichards View Post
    killer, I'm sure you and I would get along fine in real life. Message board communication is highly flawed and doesn't allow for the instantaneous give and take that provides for more fluent conversations. I'm sure I would agree with you on many, many things. And vice versa.

If you're a working writer, good for you. I'm sure you have all the talent in the world If you are not a paid writer, I wish you the best in your attempts to become one.

It's all good my friend.
    i don't understand what just happened

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by killertv View Post
    it's not like i said all contest winners go pro. i just extended jeff's statement that a winner is more likely than a loser to become a professional because the writing is at a better level. all i'm saying is that on the whole, across all contests, more winners end up being paid to write than losers do. what that means to me is that contests overall promote people who deserve to win more than people who don't
    killer, I'm sure you and I would get along fine in real life. Message board communication is highly flawed and doesn't allow for the instantaneous give and take that provides for more fluent conversations. I'm sure I would agree with you on many, many things. And vice versa.

If you're a working writer, good for you. I'm sure you have all the talent in the world If you are not a paid writer, I wish you the best in your attempts to become one.

It's all good my friend.

Leave a comment:

• killertv
    replied

it's not like i said all contest winners go pro. i just extended jeff's statement that a winner is more likely than a loser to become a professional because the writing is at a better level. all i'm saying is that on the whole, across all contests, more winners end up being paid to write than losers do. what that means to me is that contests overall promote people who deserve to win more than people who don't

Leave a comment:

Working...
X