X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions of a Contest Judge

Originally posted by killertv View Post
    i don't understand what just happened
    I was just saying that though I disagreed with you for much of the discussion, it's all good. I'm sure we agree on much more than we disagree on.

Comment

If all the A list screenwriters were shot, wouldn't they just be replaced by top rank fiction writers, playwrights, stand up comics, comic strip creators, and so on?

How many no name aspiring screenwriters have the storytelling skills and understanding of popular taste at a high enough level to compete?

Obviously, different media have different standards, different functions, different internal machinery. But there's still a fair amount of overlap in terms of telling good stories in an interesting way.

I mean, if I were a manager, and I were hunting for new talent, would I dig through the script slushpile? Or would I just call the chick who does this comic strip? (adult material, NSFW)
      If you really like it you can have the rights
      It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Yeah, my vote pretty much goes to the chick who does that comic.

Comment

ask diablo cody

Comment

Originally posted by GirlinGray
            So KillerTV is Margaux Froley right? Sure sounds like her.
            I don't think so.

And in fact, unless I've been sociopathically lied to, it's definitely not.

Comment

If not then not. Sure is the same song.
              GirlinGray

Comment

Originally posted by GirlinGray
                So KillerTV is Margaux Froley right? Sure sounds like her.
                i hope that blog post was researched more than this. check my first posts

Comment

I think she has enough juice to call people up and scream at them on the telephone. If people don't want their names going up they don't.
                  GirlinGray

Comment

I said they were under that impression. I did not say I am.
                    GirlinGray

Comment

• Re: Confessions of a Contest Judge

Originally posted by killertv
                      From the blog post's comments:

I guess when you say "hurt" you mean "hurt their feelings" which is good because no one in Hollywood has thick skin. And sure, witnesses could be called into a court of law, but hearsay doesn't hold up there like it does on a blog where "allegedly" means proven. Even a newspaper would credit information to an anonymous source attributed to a position (e.g. White House staff, Pentagon/DOD, etc... i.e. contest judge, contest winner) before printing uncredited accusations.

I don't know how much of the post is right or how much of it is wrong, but even before this point it was clear there's more wrong with Silver than right. I came here to defend my friend who still has to deal with people inferring she tossed scripts on title page alone by taking her words literally when everything else in her story is read between the lines. Unfortunately, I've been able to change nothing and the story's dead.

Mod, put this thing to bed.
                      Not hard to see how someone could think you're Margaux. You popped in to defend her and continue to do so. You've been here a short time and you're already giving orders to the moderators.

Why are you so invested in closing this thread and keeping this quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by mariot View Post
                        Not hard to see how someone could think you're Margaux. You popped in to defend her and continue to do so. You've been here a short time and you're already giving orders to the moderators.

Apologies to the mod, I didn't presume to tell them how to do their job. I've just seen other people make a similar statement and without an opposing voice other than mine this topic's run out of steam on these boards.

I understand the assumption about being Margaux but I've said I'm not from day one. You can either believe me or not as it doesn't change my point.

This whole issue has not been kept quiet - it's like the line in CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER about defusing a bomb after it's gone off. This and similar threads have been posted and reposted on here - I've even opened up some myself.

I guess the discussion can still keep going, but it'll be without me for a bit. I gotta go to the gym

Comment

no need to overreact to this.

no one's trying to keep anything quiet.

killer was originally trying to make a nuanced point that won't really be heard in this echo chamber, and if I'm understanding it correctly, don't really agree with, but regardless is not worth beating him/her up about.

Comment

Originally posted by GirlinGray View Post
                            I said they were under that impression. I did not say I am.

Well, certainly I can imagine no one wants their names posted on the internet by someone who has an ax to grind. I can imagine being uncomfortable with that. You don't know what direction it will take.

Comment

Originally posted by killertv View Post
                              Apologies to the mod, I didn't presume to tell them how to do their job. I've just seen other people make a similar statement and without an opposing voice other than mine this topic's run out of steam on these boards.

I understand the assumption about being Margaux but I've said I'm not from day one. You can either believe me or not as it doesn't change my point.

This whole issue has not been kept quiet - it's like the line in CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER about defusing a bomb after it's gone off. This and similar threads have been posted and reposted on here - I've even opened up some myself.

I guess the discussion can still keep going, but it'll be without me for a bit. I gotta go to the gym
                              Here's why it's not like defusing a bomb after it's gone off -- She didn't close her contest down. She didn't refund anyone's money. This contest is still in progress.

She also posted on her website that your friend Margaux is no longer associated with her or her contest. Wonder why.

Comment

Here's why it's not like defusing a bomb after it's gone off -- She didn't close her contest down. She didn't refund anyone's money. This contest is still in progress.

She also posted on her website that your friend Margaux is no longer associated with her or her contest. Wonder why.
                                killer hasn't defended julie or the contest.

Comment

Working...
                                X