Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warner Brothers Writers Workshop / CBS Diversity Program

Any idea when either program will begin notifying finalists?

Re: Warner Brothers Writers Workshop / CBS Diversity Program

Per their websites:

WB - interviews start October 8th

CBS - semi-finalists will be notified mid-September
    www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

The Workshop finally cashed my check. At least progress is being made...

Comment

Mine was cashed also, at the end of July. Looking at previous years I'm guessing finalists will be announced early October.

If anyone hears back please drop a note in this thread so I'll know to blow out my 99 cent store prayer candles and quit tossing salt over my shoulder.

Thanks and good luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by BKDodger View Post
          Mine was cashed also, at the end of July. Looking at previous years I'm guessing finalists will be announced early October.

If anyone hears back please drop a note in this thread so I'll know to blow out my 99 cent store prayer candles and quit tossing salt over my shoulder.

Thanks and good luck to all!

My check was cashed last week. I submitted my material in early May.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex11 View Post
            My check was cashed last week. I submitted my material in early May.
            Ah ok maybe they are working backwards...I submitted the day before the last possible day to have it post marked.

Comment

Re: CBS

I heard they only received approx 250 entries.

Comment

Originally posted by BKDodger View Post
                Ah ok maybe they are working backwards...I submitted the day before the last possible day to have it post marked.
                I think you're right! I submitted mine the day of the deadline, and my check was cashed in July as well. Anyone know the number of applicants for WB? I feel like less people applied this year for all the writing fellowships, though I'm mostly basing this on the lack of chatter about it this year comparatively.

Comment

Sweet! I'll have a better chance this year with less competition! Whoo hoo!
                  www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

CBS has begun interviewmg candidates. They reached out to prospective applicants a couple of weeks ago.

I have not received a call. I'm doubtful about making the cut at this point.

Comment

I just noticed on the WB website it says interview candidates will be notified no later than October 1st. Thought I'd share.

So far I have not advanced either in anything I've applied for, but we all know this is a contact sport and the only way you can fail is by not trying.

As a wise man named Tupac once said "keep ya head up."

Comment

Anyone heard anything yet from WB?

So far I've struck out with NBC Writers on the Verge and FOX Writer's Initiative. It would be nice to know that real people actually made it into these programs.

Comment

Would love to know where you heard this as I know Disney gets 1400+ so this seems really, really, really low...

Comment

Originally posted by killertv View Post
                            Would love to know where you heard this as I know Disney gets 1400+ so this seems really, really, really low...
                            Disney accepts submissions from anyone and everyone. CBS's diversity program is "focused" on writers of color, as far as i know (which is why I didn't apply, being white).

I can see why it would, potentially, receive fewer applicants than Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by killertv View Post
                              I was at a networking event and somebody told me. Whether or not it's misinformation is almost impossible to say.

Some people I spoke with thought that the fact CBS was asking for an original sample "in the same tone" as the submitted spec script may have deterred applicants. Also, it's a diversity program. Fewer people fall into the "diversity" category than an open submission.

There's a number at the bottom of the confirmation email that CBS sent which was believed to be the individual's submission number.

Comment

Working...
                              X