Julie Gray's Blog Today RE: SSC Refunds

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Julie Gray's Blog Today RE: SSC Refunds

    Originally posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
    I have to say I'm shocked, shocked to discover that some of the people who have been insisting for weeks that all Julie had to do was offer a refund now say that's not good enough and further penance will be required.
    Hell hath no fury like a DD'r scorned

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Julie Gray's Blog Today RE: SSC Refunds

      I was one of this year's entrants, hey it's the reason I joined this forum. After all the hooha about it I ended up following the zazzo thread, which was highly entertaining, and then Jeff Lowell(?) said he would continue it on one on one .. anyway I digress.
      So she's obviously a deeply flawed character (aren't they always the best?) but I think this is a good thing she's done. I'm drawing a line under this. I can sort of understand if others don't want to but she's only human folks.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Julie Gray's Blog Today RE: SSC Refunds

        Originally posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
        I have to say I'm shocked, shocked to discover that some of the people who have been insisting for weeks that all Julie had to do was offer a refund now say that's not good enough and further penance will be required.
        What do you mean further penance?

        Refunding money obtained under false pretenses isn't penance.

        I'm glad people will be able to get their money back.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Julie Gray's Blog Today RE: SSC Refunds

          Originally posted by mariot View Post
          What do you mean further penance?

          Refunding money obtained under false pretenses isn't penance.

          I'm glad people will be able to get their money back.
          Sometimes we just have to let it go. Julie is doing the best she can in her eyes; let's leave it at that.

          Tolerance and acceptance.
          The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Julie Gray's Blog Today RE: SSC Refunds

            Originally posted by zenplato View Post
            Sometimes we just have to let it go. Julie is doing the best she can in her eyes; let's leave it at that.

            Tolerance and acceptance.
            She may be doing the best she can in her eyes but I don't need to adopt her vision.

            She states she needs to look into ways to depersonalize and mechanize first round judging.

            What does this mean?

            That a machine will do first round judging next year?

            A person with integrity would state they need to hire a larger number of experienced script readers and give them precise guidelines to follow to ensure every entrant has a fair chance.

            Of course this would eat into their profits.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Julie Gray's Blog Today RE: SSC Refunds

              This is a horse that has been beaten more than once. Let's move on.
              Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

              -- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

              Comment

              Working...
              X