Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Feature Script Contest

Anyone have any info on what's happening with this contest? They began announcing 'rounds' the end of April, have gone through three rounds, still haven't announced semi-finalists, and now their website is down.

Seemed legit when we entered. Guess not...

Re: British Feature Script Contest

Can anyone in the UK get info about this contest, status? did the contest go belly-up? a shame if so, the entry fee was $110 U.S.

Comment

ask that ron aberdeen guy. he's a brit and an expert and should know about this UK... oh wait a minute, he only writes about hollywood.
      but damn! $110 is a lot to pay/lose for nothing.

Comment

Why - the fvck - would a British site charge in US dollars?
        I've never entered into a writing competition in my life and I'm a proud Anglo!!!
        Then again, I can also be proud... because I live in Scandinavia!

Yes, yes, I have a beautiful blond-haired, blue-eyed woman, thank you.
        Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

It was 70 pounds - but to me it was $110 smakolas.

Oh well, live and learn. It's just that with a 'who's who' list of judges it didn't seen like a scam. Made it through the first three rounds also! Should have known better to trust the Brits, ever since they lost the revolution...

Comment

Their site is back up with the following explanation:

Apologies for Site Shut Down!!

Wednesday, September 15th, 2010
            Some of you may be aware that all our email addresses were high-jacked by spammers and they've been selling everything from sex tools to fake watches in our name. The authorities in their wisdom decided to close down our site without any investigation or consultation with us. We would like to apologise to all our friends on their behalf for causing you, no doubt, immense stress. However we are up and we will be publishing the semi-finalists of the BFSC and the qualifiers of BSSC before the end of the week.

Comment

Good to know that you weren't ripped off (any more so than the entry fee!).
              Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Yeah, thanks. What possesd me to do this...must have been the remnants of ancestral Tory blood...

Comment

It's actually a respectable competition - the best the UK has to offer, as I far as I can find:

Check out the judges: Some VERY big names there.
                  http://www.kaosfilms.co.uk/judges/?comp=bfsc
                  Last edited by davidraphael; 10-01-2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I think they are honest. But they are v-e-e-e-r-r-r-y slow. Takes at least 6 months (after the contest closing date) for them to come up with a winner in their short script competition. And those are SHORT scripts! How long could it take to read them?

Also, I think they are a few years behind in producing the short script winners. But one from several years ago did play at the Venice film festival, so they must be doing a good job.

StoryTell, congrats on surviving 3 rounds!

Comment

Thanks Lobster!

Comment

Working...
                      X