Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting Austin pannelists - yes/no?

I've been advised to get in contact with as many manager/agent/prod cos attending Austin as possible before the conference in an attempt to arrange meetings. For those who have attended, does this seem like a good idea or is it pointless given the access 2nds rounders and finalists get? What are your thoughts, Done Deal?

Re: Contacting Austin pannelists - yes/no?

Originally posted by des889 View Post
    I've been advised to get in contact with as many manager/agent/prod cos attending Austin as possible before the conference in an attempt to arrange meetings. For those who have attended, does this seem like a good idea or is it pointless given the access 2nds rounders and finalists get? What are your thoughts, Done Deal?
    des,

Generally, I just talk to folks while I'm there. If it is someone that I really want to talk with regarding representation or whatever. I give them my business card or ask for one of their cards. Do NOT ask them to read your script. DO, follow up right after the festival with a letter or email... "met you at the Austin Film Festival" etc...

I've not seen anyone arrange meetings with panelists before the fest. This conference is just a little more 'casual' than that. Try to catch them at the roundtables especially and also at the Driskill bar.

I would definitely do your research on who you might want to talk to and go to their panels and round tables... plus, know what they look like.

Just my opinion.

Teresa
    'Not all those who wander are lost.' ~ Tolkien

Comment

Thanks for your advice, Teresa. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Hey Des,

We're popping up on all the same threads. I don't have Teresa's experience, but she describes exactly how I'm approaching the festival.

Know who you want to talk to, keep an eye out and if the opportunity presents itself (or you make it happen), POUNCE!

Or just say hi.

Comment

Working...
        X