Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Comedy Festival

Has anyone ever had any experience in this contest? Just had a TV pilot I wrote place in this years competition.

Re: Los Angeles Comedy Festival

It's odd that they've already told you that you're a finalist, given that the deadline for submissions is still 6+ weeks away (December 20th).

It follows that they may theoretically have already chosen all of their finalists long before the 12/20 deadline -- which means all the poor schmucks submitting their scripts, and their entry fees, would be even poorer schmucks...

Does anybody else find that strange?

-

Comment

Hmm. I don't know. They announced finalist this week. Winners announced on the 10th for the writing awards.

Comment

Never mind -- I was confusing the Los Angeles Comedy Festival with the LA Comedy Shorts Festival.

Comment

KJS -

Congrats so far! And good luck on the 10th! That's very cool to be a finalist in a comedy only contest. Was it with the KJS script?
          "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Thanks! No, it was with a TV spec I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by killingjohnstamos View Post
              Thanks! No, it was with a TV spec I wrote.
              Sweeeet. You're multi-writeural.
              "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Working...
              X