Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Writers Guild National Screenwriters Conference

Hey Aussie/Kiwi screenwriting friends...

Any of you planning to head to the conference in Phillip Island in Feb? The early bird deadline is end of Dec. and I'm still debating whether I should go. It's a lot of money but as networking is easily my weakest point, I'm thinking I should force myself to go.

Anyone else? Would be nice to have a DD cohort to hang with.

I'll probably email the locals I know, but for those I don't know outside the boards... What do you think?

Anyone been before? Was it worth it? (It's a stiff price, any way you slice it.)

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas?

Nic
    sigpic

Website
    Tweets
    Book

Re: Australian Writers Guild National Screenwriters Conference

I won't be attending but I might go next year. I don't like attending these things until I feel like I have some worthwhile projects I can discuss with people, as there's nothing worse than a bunch of writers talking sh*t.

Have fun

Comment

I'm thinking maybe...
      TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

It won't be on next year - it'll be the year after. It's only every two years.

Yeah, I like to have something to go with, and maybe I do, or maybe I'll take something new.

I'll decide by Dec. 31 because I definitely want to get the Early Bird price if possible. If I don't, I won't go.

Steve, let me know when you decide - we can catch up finally.
        sigpic

Website
        Tweets
        Book

Comment

Oh yeah, my bad.

See ya in 2012 then :P

Comment

Not I. It sounds interesting though.

Mac
            New blogposts:
            *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
            *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
            *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
            *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Bummer Mac. Let me know next time you're in Melbourne though.
              sigpic

Website
              Tweets
              Book

Comment

I just tried to check out more information about it - how much does it cost?

It seems that there is a 10 screen registration system - and I suspect they'll only tell me the price on screen #9 - when I've filled out the rest of the form !

Or am I missing the info somewhere ?

Mac
                New blogposts:
                *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
                *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
                *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
                *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Under "Conference Packages". It's not cheap but you save a bit by booking early.

FULL CONFERENCE PACKAGE

Early Bird (before 31 Dec 2010) AWG Member $695.00 + GST*

Non-Member $845.00 + GST*

Standard Price AWG Member $845.00 + GST*

Non-Member $995.00 + GST*

The NSC Full Conference package includes all conference sessions and meals from your arrival on Wednesday afternoon. On Wednesday evening get to know your fellow delegates while enjoying the stunning surrounds at the Island Sunset BBQ. Then, after a full day of fantastic sessions on Thursday, join the fun of the Harvest Feast! The NSC Gala Dinner is going country this year with a feast of regional produce to imbibe, and entertainment that promises to once again make it a night we'll be talking about for months!
                  SINGLE DAY PACKAGE

$375.00 + GST*

Can't make the whole conference? Don't miss out - you can register for a single day package that includes one day of conference sessions, lunch morning tea & afternoon tea. If you're coming on Wednesday, this package also includes the Island Sunset BBQ in the evening.
                  'HARVEST FEAST' SINGLE TICKET

$155.00 + GST*

Join the fun of the traditional NSC Gala Dinner! This year we're going country with a harvest feast full of regional specialties for you to enjoy.
                  PARTNER PACKAGE

$375.00 + GST*

Don't leave your loved ones at home! You can enjoy the social activities of the conference together with the Partner package. The package includes tickets to both the Island Sunset BBQ and Harvest Feast Gala Dinner. Lunch on Thursday and Friday is also provided in this package.
                  Accommodation

One Bedroom Apartment
                  1 Room w/ Queen Bed (incl. 1 breakfast) $199.00 +GST / per apartment ($218.90 incl. GST)

Two Bedroom Apartment**
                  2 Rooms w/ Queen Beds, 1 Bathroom (incl. 2 breakfasts) $300.00+GST / per apartment ($330 incl. GST)

Three Bedroom Apartment**
                  3 Rooms w/ Queen Beds, 2 Bathrooms 2 Share (incl. 2 breakfasts) $330.00+GST / per apartment ($363.00 incl. GST)

Three Bedroom Apartment**
                  3 Rooms w/ Queen Beds, 2 Bathrooms 3 Share (incl. 3 breakfasts) $450.00+GST / per apartment ($495.00 incl. GST)

TO ADD A PARTNER (SHARING A ROOM WITH YOU) select additional breakfast on the registration site. $25.00 per night ($27.50 incl GST).
                  **When registering for a two or three bedroom apartment you must include who you are sharing your apartment with. One person will need to book and pay for their room on their registration.
                  Additional Nights

Additional nights accommodation and breakfast are available at the same price per night as listed above for Tuesday February 15th and Friday February 18th 2011. Saturday February 19th will be at the advertised hotel rate, see the registration site.
                  Transfers to and from Melbourne Airport

Transfers are available to and from the airport. Please click here for more information.

*Package prices inclusive of GST are as follows:
                  Early Bird AWG Member $764.50
                  Non-Member $929.50
                  Standard Price AWG Member $929.50
                  Non-Member $1094.50
                  Single Day Package $412.50
                  'Harvest Feast' single ticket $170.50
                  Partner Package $412.50
                  sigpic

Website
                  Tweets
                  Book