No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win a trip to Sundance

https://donate.sundance.org/page/contribute/winatrip

Donations encouraged but not required. Must be US resident 18+.
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Re: Win a trip to Sundance

You can also enter Table Read My Screenplay. First prize is a trip to Sundance for the table read event.
    "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
      You can also enter Table Read My Screenplay. First prize is a trip to Sundance for the table read event.
      Do you have a link?

Comment

http://www.tablereadmyscreenplay.com/
        "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

The official Sundance thing sounds awesome.

The table read thing sounds like a ripoff. For once, the actual lack of legalise in this situation is frightening. I wouldn't trust that one in the slightest.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
            The official Sundance thing sounds awesome.

The table read thing sounds like a ripoff. For once, the actual lack of legalise in this situation is frightening. I wouldn't trust that one in the slightest.
            Does anyone have any experience with the table read folks?

The thing that bothered me was the fact that they accept entries up to December 31 and announce the top 100 on January 5....

Also, I'm not sure how to interpret this:

"Enter your screenplay and your BEST logline. This is where it all starts, with the logline! Frequently this is your one and only chance to get a producer to even read your script, so it better be good!"

Does this mean they will evaluate scripts on the basis of their loglines? Or is this just helpful advice or ??

Comment

If they're accepting scripts on New Year's Eve and announcing five days later (when they ask for your BEST logline), my guess is they're only going to read the loglines. Who's going to have time to go through hundreds, if not thousands, of screenplays in that short time?

It looks deliberately vague - but I will stand corrected if you get confirmation that they're going to read the scripts.
              I am a master of dontopedalogy, the science of opening one's mouth and inserting one's foot it in.

It's not an art, it's a science.

Comment

Um, at $55 a pop I would think they have the $ to quickly shank them through a "reader mill" which rates them on a scale of 1-100 -- then put the microscope on the top 100??? Mebbe their spooksperson will chime in -- DING DING!

Comment

Anyone win / enter last year? Any additional comments on this contest?
                  a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Pearl Buck

Comment

Re the Table Read contest: they don't say how many nights they put you up in a hotel or what hotel it is. This is significant, as any hotel near most of the events costs $300/night and up. I would assume their leaving this out means you get one night, which would hardly be worth the trouble of flying out there.

Overall I am leery of contests that leave out specifics.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

you're right, Margie. they'll probably put in a maid's quarters and make you wash your own sheets to pay for the room too. those phuckers!!!

Comment

Pretty sure Mr. Baxter AKA Stephen Hoover won the thing last year.

They table read his screenplay, if that tells you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                          you're right, Margie. they'll probably put in a maid's quarters and make you wash your own sheets to pay for the room too. those phuckers!!!

I like how you spelled that word, cool name for a band

I'm going to submit I think...just wondering what to write about...what do phuckers like?

Comment

Working...
                          X