Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screamfest entries

Can you enter multiple scripts for the same competition? I emailed them but haven't heard back. Thx.

Re: Screamfest entries

Just based on my own experience with the Screamfest screenplay competition, I have to say that if it's ran like it was last year it's not worth entering. The screenplay contest was poorly ran. It left all the contestants in the dark. They kept saying they would annouce the winners on this day, then when that day came around nothing was annouced. A week goes by and they'd send out a mass email saying: "we are really busy with the film festival at the moment, but we will annouce the finalists this weekend". The week end would come and... nothing again. They literally annouced the winners a day before the awards dinner in an email that ended up in peoples spam folders. So if you didn't live in LA and you did win (which I think is something they take into account judging) you're screwed. You most likely won't be able to get out there on such short notice. Screamfest is a film festival FRIST. They care much more about programming Zombie Hookers From Kentucky into their festival than they do judging your screenplay. What I'm saying is the screenplay competiton is an after thought to the festival, which is their main money maker.

Again this is just MY opinion based on MY experience. And to be fair the script Hate Night which I really liked won the Screamfest in 09. The guys who wrote it landed a manger off it, and one of them is a staff writer now on the FX series Justified.
    Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Thx for the info.

Comment

Ditto on what Ryan said. I think they only accept hard copies, so the postage on multiple entries could add up...
        "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Working...
        X