Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Frenzy 2011

It's almost April 1st, which means that Script Frenzy is starting again...

http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

It's the screenplay version of NaNoWriMo (novel in a month). It's a decent motivator to get at least 100 pages written in the month of April.

Feel free to add me to your Writing Buddies if you're signed up. I'm TheKeenGuy on there too.

So, who's in?

Re: Script Frenzy 2011

I just signed up. I'm using my real name.

Thanks for the heads up, Keen!

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

I went to sign up and found I already have an account. Nothing written though and I don't even know what year I signed up.

I failed at NaNoWriMo a few years ago. That was a catalyst for my budding (used loosely) screenwriting adventure.

Anyway, I plan to succeed at SF this year. Starting a new script today.
      www.silvercop.com
      If we don't get the information, and if we don't get the leads, we can't track down the killers.

Comment

I sent you a buddy request there stvnlra. All us DDPers should stick together.

I found that I signed up for SF in Nov 2008.
        www.silvercop.com
        If we don't get the information, and if we don't get the leads, we can't track down the killers.

Comment

i'm in b/c i've been procrastinating so much on my latest idea (called FRESH AIR) that i need the extra incentive. will this really work?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
            i'm in b/c i've been procrastinating so much on my latest idea (called FRESH AIR) that i need the extra incentive. will this really work?
            I participated in a challenge here on DD a couple of yrs ago and it worked. I got a lot done.

I think these challenges work if you make up your mind to make it work. Be honest with yourself. Do I really want to do this?

You have to make it a priority for the 30 dys. You have to put the non-essentials like socializing, TV, the internet etc... on the back burner... esp if you have other commitments like job, school & family that you can't ignore.

I'm pretty lucky in that I don't have kids & my job is very part time right now. I can make my own hrs. But it's also a b!tch b/c i'm a chronic procrastinator and tend to think too much.

My goal is to make the Nicholl deadline-- MAY 1st. That means i really have to hustle and slap down those pages so I have enough time to polish (I have a detailed outline).

At least this yr I'm working on a story that's fun & not too serious. It helps to be enthusiastic about what you're writing. I tend to hate everything I write.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

I've added Silvercop to my buddy list.

Nikkee, if you add me I'll add you back.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Originally posted by stvnlra View Post
                I've added Silvercop to my buddy list.

Nikkee, if you add me I'll add you back.
                how do i do that?

Comment

how do i do that?
                  I had trouble with it too.

There are big TABS at the top of your "My Script Frenzy" page.

Click on SEARCH. (Had the damnedest time finding that!)

Type my name (or whoever) in-- Laura Reyna.

My personal page should come up.

On my page there'll be a link there that says something like "add Laura Reyna to writing buddy list". Click on that. There's another button to click.That should do it.

You'll then have access to all my writer & project info.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

I wasn't going to because I thought what's the point...then I realized it would be nice to have a motivator so I signed up. Anybody started cranking out pages yet?

Comment

ScriptFrenzy works if you want it to. It provides you with a concrete goal to meet, and a support group encouraging you to get there.

I'm setting the same goal as last year. I must write at least a page every day. That way, it forces me to address a scene and start thinking about something new. Kept me from getting stuck even if I would occasionally fall behind the requisite three-page average.

Working on my opening scenes now!

Comment

Good to have you aboard Connor!

These challenges are good for the mutual encouragement. I also like the "let's have fun with this!" attitude. I tend to take writing too seriously & tie myself up in knots. Writing has always been very stressful for me. This project, an action/adv, has been by far the least stressful of all my projects.

I'm starting with the 2nd half of my script. It needs the most going over. The openings aren't usually a problem for me. They come pretty easily since that's the part I've tossed around in my head the most.

I've only done a couple of pages so far today, but will work on it more tonight and all weekend.

Good luck to everyone!

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Originally posted by stvnlra View Post
                          I had trouble with it too.

There are big TABS at the top of your "My Script Frenzy" page.

Click on SEARCH. (Had the damnedest time finding that!)

Type my name (or whoever) in-- Laura Reyna.

My personal page should come up.

On my page there'll be a link there that says something like "add Laura Reyna to writing buddy list". Click on that. There's another button to click.That should do it.

You'll then have access to all my writer & project info.
                          dammit, janet! why do they make it so freakin' difficult?! almost there but i can't find the "add" button

Comment

dammit, janet! why do they make it so freakin' difficult?! almost there but i can't find the "add" button
                            Are you talking about the "add Laura Reyna to writing buddy list"?

You have to go to MY page (that's why you have to SEARCH for me). It's right there in the center... look under my avvie ... the font is very small!

There is ANOTHER button you have to click to confirm.

ETA:
                            If you're tired of dealing with it, PM me with your username & I'll add you from my end. I think it works either way.

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

lol! got it. thanks.
                              i hate that kind of frustration. lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X