No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller Screenwriting Contests

Hi all,

Is there a comprehensive list of smaller screenwriting contests that have clout that may not be readily known about or found via Google?

Basically, not Nicholls, Sundance, Amazon, etc...

Thanks!

Re: Smaller Screenwriting Contests

Amazon??

That's not a screenwriting contest.

Comment

@Ronnie: Haha, you're right. I meant it as an example of very well-known places to submit a script.

I stand corrected!

Comment

I would suggest entering a regional contest connected to a film festival if you have a script set in the area, and want to make contacts and can go to the festival if you win.

Comment

The moviebytes site has a pretty comprehensive list - large, small, national, regional, special topic, or open interest contests.

Comment

Withoutabox also has a pretty comprehensive list too.

Good luck.

Comment

You could look into the Creative World Awards.

I entered a couple years ago and won. It was a great experience and got me hooked up with a nice indy producer.

Comment

Not sure if they still do it but Atlanta had a nice one. Got flown in for a weekend workshop/mentorship.

CWA is good and they promote the winners even after the contest dust has settled.

CineStory has a great workshop so I hear.

MovieBytes does have a list. Have to take some of the negative feeback there with the understanding, "I lost! This contest is a scam!!!" makes up 99% of the negative comments. "I won! This contest is great!!!" makes up 99% of the positives!

You can blow a lot of money fast on Without a Box! Certain genres (horror for one) get the shaft in most contests. Better going with genre-specific contests like PAGE does.
                "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'd like to recommend The Sidewrite Screenplay Competition. It's for short screenplays of 15 pages or less. Part of the Sidewalk Film Festival, there's a great group of people behind it. Plus, it has our very own Jeff Lowell and Max Adams as Final Round Judges!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X