X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cshel
    replied
    Re: ABC'S "SHARK TANK" looking for screenplay

I'm sure it's legit. That ad has been on CL for at least a week. They advertise on there for contestants on legit game shows and stuff all the time.

They probably just want fresh ideas for things on the show, and somebody said, hey, what if we had... And Mark Cuban has a film production company, so... And look what Amazon is doing, maybe...

I also thought about the possible ridicule angle, like that Jay Leno thing.

But I'd say if someone has a high concept, a well written script, no other connections, and is brave enough to take on the ultimate in pitch sessions, why not give it a go. But you better be comfortable at pitching in a TV setting, or you may be inadvertently humiliated, even if that wasn't the original intention of the show, which I think it's not.

Leave a comment:

• NikeeGoddess
    replied

i don't see anything on the ABC/SHARK TANK site that says they're looking for screenwriters (or authors with a completed novel) specifically. filmmakers make more sense though i don't see that either.

Leave a comment:

• Manchester
    replied

I wonder if the Craigslist listing is legit because: Why are they asking to be sent details via an indirect CL e-mail? Shark Tank has a submissions/casting page that lists a Yahoo e-mail account with this notice:
    Please include your name, age, contact info, a recent photo, and a brief, NON-CONFIDENTIAL description of your idea. Good luck.
    But the CL listing does not have that usual caveat, "Non-Confidential".

Still, it may well be legit. Maybe someone simply forgot that part. Maybe it was posted by a self-starter intern who wants to get credit for any good submissions that result from the CL posting. Anyway, just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• dworhach
    replied

This was posted on storydynamics. Odd.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

ABC's "Shark Tank" is Looking for the Next Great Novel

ABC's Hit Show "Shark Tank," now in its third season, is looking for authors with a completed novel.

All genres are welcome.

You do NOT have to provide a manuscript, instead simply email the following information:

Name:
    Description of your Novel:

Reply to: [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• wildswan
    replied

Hmmm....

http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank

Mark Cuban is a "Shark" next season. Maybe they'll make the "winners" pitch their ideas? Just guessing...

Leave a comment:

• LauriD
    replied

Yes, I saw this too.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the idea is to find the goofiest-looking, most clueless writers with the worst ideas and then make fun of them?

But then I've never seen the show, or even heard of it, so I have no real idea...

Leave a comment:

• gregsonfilm
    started a topic ABC'S "SHARK TANK" looking for screenplay

ABC'S "SHARK TANK" looking for screenplay

Saw this last night, and curious what you guys think. Anything on CL I feel the need to consider guilty until proven innocent. Anyone have some additional info that legitimizes this?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...495720364.html

ABC's Hit Show "Shark Tank," now in its third season, is looking for screenwriters/filmmakers.

All genres are welcome.

You do NOT have to provide your screenplay, instead simply email the following information:

Name:
    Description of your Screenplay/Movie:

Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Working...
X