• Show
Clear All

Re: Trackinb Contest

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
    Daaaaayum.

Joe is kicking asses and taking names.

But let's not kid ourselves, you're no Chuck Norris
    ducky vs. joe.

man, organizing a throwdown is easy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
      There is no need for hostility on this board from anybody.

People have questions. Sometimes those questions seem silly because you already know the answer. The best way to handle that is to give an honest and respectful response.

We're all in this together.
      Thanks, Emily.

I appreciate you rallying to my defense.

Not sure why these guys keep picking on me.

And I'm not even sure what a throwdown on a screenwriting message board even would constitute. Why do I feel like some bullies would immediately appear and take my lunch money off of me if I agreed to participate.

Look, maybe I came down a little hard on those two but everybody knows they were dumb questions/posts. I just pointed out the obvious.
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Me vs joe vs chuck norris

Winner gets to kick Boog's a$$.

But if I win, I want you to know, Ham, that I'd never hit a woman...
        Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
          I'm too busy working on my latest spec and chasing assignments, Eddie, but I'll tell you what, I'll send the script that was an honorable mention in the Trackingb contest in 2007 to Ham and you send whatever script you want to him and we'll go from there. Maybe he can post the first ten of each. How'd that be? Would that get you through the day?
          I shouldn't do this because I think things have gotten a little out of hand, but I will send Ham a script I developed with an Oscar/Emmy/Golden Globe winning producer. It's from 2003-04. This same script was recommended by an entirely different producer to your own agent (if you are still with Jason Burns) as well as agents at ICM and CAA. If Ham then wants to post pages he can do so and people can judge what they will. I stand by my ability and still believe your comments regarding a few legitimate and respectfully posed questions are completely out of place.
          Quato Lives!

Comment

Boys, put your penises away please, unless Ham wants to spend his day measuring...
            Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
              Boys, put your penises away please, unless Ham wants to spend his day measuring...
              What if you post in the nude?

ChiliP

Comment

Okay, yeah, I give up.

It's no contest.

Eddie and his Oscar/Emmy/Golden Globe win out.

Wait a minte, what does he win?

You want me to see if Burnsie ever read your script, Ed? That can be your prize.

I'm extending an olive branch here, bud.

Meet me halfway.
                "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Okay, yeah, I give up.

It's no contest.

Eddie and his Oscar/Emmy/Golden Globe win out.

Wait a minte, what does he win?

You want me to see if Burnsie ever read your script, Ed? That can be your prize.

I'm extending an olive branch here, bud.

Meet me halfway.
                  Forget meeting you halfway because you are moving the goal posts. You wanted to put your script up against mine but now you only want to see if Burns read my script. I don't need you to ask him because I have my correspondence with him.

Bah...this is pointless. I'm sorry I ever said anything. I've always liked your comments on these boards but this whole episode seems strangely out of character.
                  Quato Lives!

Comment

Look at the winners list - most of those writers are repped now and make no mistake, getting repped is the holy grail in terms of entering contests. That should be the end goal in terms of the contest scene.
                    This... +1000.

At the end of the day, this is where your focus should be. It's why I entered.

It's a step. That's all it is. Beauty of being a human being with all our reasoning power, is that we get to decide every day which steps we take.

There are many different paths to pursue toward getting a rep. Contests are one. TrackingB is a VERY DIRECT path for those who do well. End of story. Are you a person who has what it takes to do well? Yes.... Then enter. Worried you might not place... Save yourself the stress and the cash. Simple as that. Choose your path. Take whatever steps you feel are right for you.

But know this... come January 2012... Those who place in this contest will be several steps ahead of almost anyone else who's still searching for a rep. That's just the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieCoyle View Post
                      Forget meeting you halfway because you are moving the goal posts. You wanted to put your script up against mine but now you only want to see if Burns read my script. I don't need you to ask him because I have my correspondence with him.

Bah...this is pointless. I'm sorry I ever said anything. I've always liked your comments on these boards but this whole episode seems strangely out of character.
                      Dude, I only want to show my script to people who can help me get it made or hire me to write.

I offered to do some recon with Burnsie because I didn't know if he'd gotten back to you or not. That was gonna be your prize for me conceding in the "throwdown" that never was.

As far as this being out of character, I've always gone out of my way to call out posters who'd post crazy stuff. Farnsworth. La Femme Doyeuse. Jake Schuster. Who else? I've gone round and round with a lot.

Anyways, I accept your apology.

Hatchet buried.
                      Last edited by joe9alt; 08-03-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Dude, I only want to show my script to people who can help me get it made or hire me to write.

And I accept your apology.

Hatchet buried.
                        Since there are no smiley faces or winks or hearts, I'll assume this is half wise-assey. Nevertheless, hatchet buried. Moving on...
                        Quato Lives!

Comment

As far as this being out of character, I've always gone out of my way to call out posters who'd post crazy stuff. Farnsworth.
                          please don't ever compare me to Farnsworth. not even the same ballpark!
                          Quato Lives!

Comment

Comment

Ole!!!!
                              Quato Lives!

Comment

Glad we’re good, Eddie. Yeah, it was tough love but it still was love, brutha.

Now one final note on trackingb process and this is just me deploying common sense really...

Think about it. Trackingb has called upon a group of film business professionals who are at the top of the industry (Esola, Jamshidi, Bruckheimer Films, Imagine, Disney, etc.), and trackingb has to make sure they deliver the best scripts possible to them. They put their reputation on the line when they "refer" those scripts.

It's important for them to deliver the absolute best for two other reasons: 1. to keep that stellar industry crew coming back, because that's probably why they agree to do stuff like this in the first place -- to find the diamonds in the rough. And 2. So they can help writers and help the contest by generating more success stories.

So, you have to ask yourself, how does trackingb best go about achieving this? The answer is basic – by putting in the good ol’ fashioned hard work it takes to find the gems. It’s as simple as that.

Cream finds a way to rise, ya know?

Comment

Working...
                                X