No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trackinb Contest

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    You guys do realize that 'nojustice' is Craig Mazin masquerading as Derek Haas masquerading as BDZ masquerading as Todd Karate?

And behind it all? That's right. Jeff Lowell.

HH
    brilliant--

the usual suspects... of course.
    " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by nojustice View Post
      You seem to very quickly want to overlook that I'm actually not alone. David Steinberg has been telling you to avoid them as well.

But let's say 20,000 scripts are submitted to contests each year. Nicholl gets 6000 alone, so 20,000 all up is a reasonable estimate. We'll only count from 1992, when the internet got up and running, so over 20 years, that's 400,000 scripts submitted.

Greg has given 2 examples of scripts he felt wouldn't have been produced any other way, which of course is subjective, because I think Season of the Witch is the one that wouldn't have stood a chance, but still, that's 1 in 200,000. And I'm saying 1 in 8 film school students go on to have successful careers in the film industry, because that's what I was told when I went to film school.

But you're obviously pinning your hopes on this, so go ahead, knock yourselves out.
      Time for a new drinking game.

Comment

meh, viral hype.

But we're going to have a barbeque for the losers over by the cesspool when it's all done, entry is free, and we'll be taking photos for the TB website to publish. David Steinberg's going to be there wearing his "I told you so" T-Shirt, and anyone who also bombed out of the AS crap fest will get a complimentary pair of 3D sunglasses, to shield them from the star-striking glow of future contests. It promises to be a real page-burner, I mean, turner.

Comment

Ask David Steinberg:

Hollywhooped response : 11/2011

"Therefore, you should definitely pursue each and every avenue you mentioned (except perhaps contests). "

Comment

Iggy,

You can actually hit that "multi-quote" button and then post those in the thread you want. Instead of posting here in an otherwise dead thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
              Iggy,

You can actually hit that "multi-quote" button and then post those in the thread you want. Instead of posting here in an otherwise dead thread.
              Thanks. Never noticed that.

Comment

Yeah, I discovered it accidentally so you're not alone.

Comment

Yeah, I discovered it accidentally so you're not alone.
                  Originally posted by iggy View Post
                  Thanks. Never noticed that.
                  Iggy,

Whoa... milti-quote. Excellent!
                  Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

David Steinberg does not wear a watch. He says what time it is.

David Steinberg visited the Virgin Islands. Now they're called "the Islands."

David Steinberg killed the Dead Sea.

Comment

David Steinberg uses all 32 letters of the alphabet, including the 'hidden' ones.

HH

Comment

Working...
                      X