X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Weems
    replied
    Re: Trackinb Contest

David Steinberg uses all 32 letters of the alphabet, including the 'hidden' ones.

HH

Leave a comment:

• MrZero
    replied

David Steinberg does not wear a watch. He says what time it is.

David Steinberg visited the Virgin Islands. Now they're called "the Islands."

David Steinberg killed the Dead Sea.

Leave a comment:

• christopher jon
    replied

Originally posted by ATB View Post
    Yeah, I discovered it accidentally so you're not alone.
    Originally posted by iggy View Post
    Thanks. Never noticed that.
    Iggy,

You can actually hit that "multi-quote" button and then post those in the thread you want. Instead of posting here in an otherwise dead thread.
    Whoa... milti-quote. Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• ATB
    replied

Yeah, I discovered it accidentally so you're not alone.

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied

Iggy,

You can actually hit that "multi-quote" button and then post those in the thread you want. Instead of posting here in an otherwise dead thread.
    Thanks. Never noticed that.

Leave a comment:

• ATB
    replied

Iggy,

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied

Originally posted by nojustice View Post
    Ask David Steinberg:

Hollywhooped response : 11/2011

"Therefore, you should definitely pursue each and every avenue you mentioned (except perhaps contests). "

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied

meh, viral hype.

But we're going to have a barbeque for the losers over by the cesspool when it's all done, entry is free, and we'll be taking photos for the TB website to publish. David Steinberg's going to be there wearing his "I told you so" T-Shirt, and anyone who also bombed out of the AS crap fest will get a complimentary pair of 3D sunglasses, to shield them from the star-striking glow of future contests. It promises to be a real page-burner, I mean, turner.

Leave a comment:

• iggy
    replied

You seem to very quickly want to overlook that I'm actually not alone. David Steinberg has been telling you to avoid them as well.

But let's say 20,000 scripts are submitted to contests each year. Nicholl gets 6000 alone, so 20,000 all up is a reasonable estimate. We'll only count from 1992, when the internet got up and running, so over 20 years, that's 400,000 scripts submitted.

Greg has given 2 examples of scripts he felt wouldn't have been produced any other way, which of course is subjective, because I think Season of the Witch is the one that wouldn't have stood a chance, but still, that's 1 in 200,000. And I'm saying 1 in 8 film school students go on to have successful careers in the film industry, because that's what I was told when I went to film school.

But you're obviously pinning your hopes on this, so go ahead, knock yourselves out.
    Time for a new drinking game.

Leave a comment:

• MJ Scribe
    replied

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    You guys do realize that 'nojustice' is Craig Mazin masquerading as Derek Haas masquerading as BDZ masquerading as Todd Karate?

And behind it all? That's right. Jeff Lowell.

HH
    brilliant--

the usual suspects... of course.

Leave a comment:

• ducky1288
    replied

It gets a few reps for a few people. But not a lot of sales. Even winners usually end up having to go find people elsewhere anyway.
    There are thousands of people who are repped that haven't sold -- but at least they are one step ahead of the hundreds of thousands who don't have reps.

Yeah selling or getting a movie made is the end goal, that some will never make, but it's not like you can skip all the other rungs to get to the top. One of those rungs is getting solid representation that hopefully guides you into a sell or assignments.

Either way, I'm going to assume you are repped or have a movie in production and did not do it by entering a measly contest.
    Last edited by ducky1288; 02-26-2012, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

You guys do realize that 'nojustice' is Craig Mazin masquerading as Derek Haas masquerading as BDZ masquerading as Todd Karate?

And behind it all? That's right. Jeff Lowell.

HH

Leave a comment:

• SundownInRetreat
    replied

It gets a few reps for a few people. But not a lot of sales. Even winners usually end up having to go find people elsewhere anyway.
    You miss the point.
    Because you want to.

You will only get anywhere if you make the right contacts and impress people. To get there you have to get attention, stand out from the crowd, and impress so people want to meet you. And yet you're balking at competitions when success in them guarantees all this.

You refuse to admit the truth that a win delivers the same end result that you hope to achieve by plugging away with your networking attempts.

You refuse to admit that trying to repped and sold, trying to catch the eye, is being a cold call salesman. And these guys would sell their soul to get a chance to meet with, and pitch to, an open minded decision maker.

"not much promise, just a lot of false hope", I'm not the one who said it.
    And you took it out of context. Only an idiot would think they stand a great chance of winning when they are but one of thousands. Does the lottery offer false hope? Not to those who aren't morons and who understand there is no guarantee. But they understand you have to be in it to win it.

And if you want to quote pros, how come you're not quoting Jeff Lowell who agreed they can get you to the dinner table?

And seeing as you refuse to see the truth, it's a waste continuing this.

Leave a comment:

• nojustice
    replied

But we've done a circle again. I'm not coming back to this.

"not much promise, just a lot of false hope", I'm not the one who said it.

Leave a comment:

• SundownInRetreat
    replied

It's like you all just want to punch me in the face until I'm wrong.
    From what I see we all just want you to see the truth, rather than throw out spurious claims and ignore replies that bust those claims conpletely.

What's so horrible about finding people?
    Nothing! Which is our point. A competition win gets you to the people. They find you. They want to meet you. And this is all you've wanted ever since you started querying. That is why what you say is nonsensical. Why your 8 point plan contradicts itself.

You say to find people and generate interest yet you poo poo something that delivers exactly that. Like I said, you're a cold call salesman trying to get a bite and no salesman in the world would turn down such an opportunity. Not one would refuse being hand picked and delivered in favour of staying in the trenches, hoping to be found.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X