X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ducky1288
    replied
    Re: Trackinb Contest

I'm a walking ad for Tracking B... Do it!

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Alexander
    replied

Originally posted by KenRichards
    Oh Jesus, this board has been rampant with Trackingb. Maybe I'll enter my best screenplay there and see what happens.

To be honest, I had never heard of this competition until a few months ago when I posted a query about which were the best screenplay competitions. I'm still skeptical (based on how new this contest is) but what the heck.

You shouldn't be skeptical, this is the only real "Insider" contest in Hollywood other than Nicholls and, actually, I prefer Tracking B because I find the scripts to be more commercial than the Nicholls winners tend to be. But, that's just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• joe9alt
    replied

Originally posted by KenRichards
    Oh Jesus, this board has been rampant with Trackingb. Maybe I'll enter my best screenplay there and see what happens.

To be honest, I had never heard of this competition until a few months ago when I posted a query about which were the best screenplay competitions. I'm still skeptical (based on how new this contest is) but what the heck.

It's not that new.

My script DOYLESTOWN was an honorable mention way back in aught 7!

Leave a comment:

• onthecusp
    replied

It's always good to have a healthy dose of skepticism, Ken, but I suggest you look at the trackingb contest website and look at all the finalists who signed with reps through the contest. These are not just any reps, either, but many are top reps with proven track records. Short of the Nicholl, I don't know many contests that can boast that many finalists getting management that quickly. Look at the board of judges -- guaranteed reads from those guys if you final.

Having been a finalist, I can also tell you that The Insider sent my script to reputable managers/production companies not on that list as well. I went from having no one willing to read my work to taking several meetings in a week and getting more offers for representation than I knew what to do with...

Leave a comment:

• Fred C. Dobbs
    replied

Getting the new script ready for TrackingB is my next deadline as well. They don't recommend resubmitting screenplays that didn't make the cut in their contest last year.

Leave a comment:

• Manchester
    replied

Originally posted by jsay View Post
    Ditto... Might enter Bluecat too...
    When it gets to the final round, the winner of Bluecat is picked by one guy. Same guy every year, the one who runs the contest. On the one hand, that suggests a non-moving target (though, as to where that target is, who knows). OTOH... ? Anyway, FYI.

Leave a comment:

• jsay
    replied

Originally posted by Storytell View Post
    After getting a 'Top 10%' Nicholl rejection letter my focus now turns to what may be the most commercially meaningful contest out there (in terms of getting representation) - Trackingb.

Working hard to finish a new script in time to submit.

Ditto... Might enter Bluecat too...

Leave a comment:

• Hamboogul
    replied

Originally posted by SNAFU View Post
    That's problem with most contests: the judges are NOT writing checks to finance the production, so they usually pick artsy-fartsy stuff that will NEVER be filmed, or if it is filmed, it flops (boring, cerebral), and many winners end up with lame careers or switch to publishing or teaching coz they don't know how to write mainstream entertainment (or don't want to, which is fair enough, but don't expect to sell).
    How do you really feel? Don't hold back.

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied

Originally posted by Storytell View Post
    ...most commercially meaningful contest out there.
    That's problem with most contests: the judges are NOT writing checks to finance the production, so they usually pick artsy-fartsy stuff that will NEVER be filmed, or if it is filmed, it flops (boring, cerebral), and many winners end up with lame careers or switch to publishing or teaching coz they don't know how to write mainstream entertainment (or don't want to, which is fair enough, but don't expect to sell).

Leave a comment:

• Storytell
    started a topic Trackinb Contest

Trackinb Contest

After getting a 'Top 10%' Nicholl rejection letter my focus now turns to what may be the most commercially meaningful contest out there (in terms of getting representation) - Trackingb.

Working hard to finish a new script in time to submit.
Working...
X