Re: Nicholl Speculation

Um...Lucky guess...?

Leave a comment:

• Aspirant

• Aspirant
    replied

Thanks, Shirts.

How'd you know my main character is named Maxx Booster? :-)

Leave a comment:

• UglyShirts
    User

• UglyShirts
    replied

Frustrating. That manages to be both specific, and vague at the same time...which I suppose is a necessity. If they'd said, "Maxx Booster really mixes it up with the Galaxians in the third act, and the love story with Princess O'Neenah is fantastic!" then I imagine they'd be tipping their hands a little too much.

Either way, best of luck! I hope it IS you!

Leave a comment:

• Aspirant

• Aspirant
    replied

Now I see a message on Nicholl's Facebook page saying that the comments being posted are still from the Quarterfinals, and thus could be about any Quarterfinalist script, whether it advanced to the Semifinals or not. So I guess that means there's less of a chance that the sci-fi comment is about mine -- or even if it is about mine, it foretells, um ... nothing, going forward.

Like I said -- a fool's game :-)

Leave a comment:

• Aspirant

• Aspirant
    started a topic Nicholl Speculation

Nicholl Speculation

OK, I've tried to resist this, because it's a fool's game ... but I've convinced myself that today's Nicholl Reader Comment is about my script:

". . . a great sci-fi futuristic story with a cracking premise, plenty of action, solid structure and a great twist at the end. . . .engaging, suspenseful, evocative and aware of its genre . . . I'm a sci-fi fan who rarely finds good sci-fi scripts: and this is one."

If there are any other Nicholl Semifinalists out there with sci-fi scripts, feel free to tell me I'm wrong! :-)

Good luck to everyone still in the running.
Working...
X