Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazon million dollar finalists posted

gary -- you need my back account number?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
      gary -- you need my back account number?
      I'm tempted to make a joke about making a deposit in your back account, but that would be totally uncalled for.

Comment

I know its probably been covered before but do I understand the agreement that when you submit a script, you can't option or sell it to anyone else for 18 months?

Racoon

Comment

Originally posted by Racoon View Post
          I know its probably been covered before but do I understand the agreement that when you submit a script, you can't option or sell it to anyone else for 18 months?

Racoon
          That's correct Racoon.

And Amazon also has the right to renew your option for an additional 18 months for $10,000

Comment

It's only semi-official, but Gary is one of 5 finalists for the $1 million prize!

http://studios.amazon.com/movies/12914
            "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Here are all of the finalists...

Sky Pirates

Alchemist Agenda

12 Princesses

I Think my Facebook Friend is Dead

Evolver

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
                It's only semi-official, but Gary is one of 5 finalists for the $1 million prize!

http://studios.amazon.com/movies/12914
                Gary, King of Amazon Studios.
                what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

The problem for Gary -- and I hope he wins the $1 million, as I would for anybody in anything, because we all covet the proverbial easy $$$ -- is that the actual script is not even close to being salable in Hollywood. It's not even worthy of getting an agent. And not even mighty Amazon can sell an unworthy script to WB or any other studio. Therein lies the fatal flaw in Amazon Studios and all their $$$. Jeff Bezos will go broke at this rate before he ever gets a movie made, or a script sold. And as was pointed out by Jeff Lowell in the earlier thread, a "test movie" doesn't mean squat -- except, of course, for the aforementioned $1 million.

Comment

Good lord, let's not start this again. We've had this discussion. This thread is about congratulating the winners on their achievements.

Congrats, guys!
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
                      Jeff Bezos will go broke at this rate before he ever gets a movie made, or a script sold.
                      "Jeff Bezos will go broke..." ENNNH. Sorry, but thanks for playing. Bezos could have put up the money for Solyndra, plus 1, and still wouldn't see broke from where he stands. Even using one of these.

"Jeff Bezos will go broke..." I gotta tell the kids at work that one on Monday.

Besides, as Emily said, let's give it up for the finalists/winners.

Comment

Manchester - yes, I have to laugh every time someone posts about Amazon going broke if Amazon Studios "fails."

Amazon 2011 revenues: $32 BILLION.

Amazon Studios expenses to date: maybe $5-10 MILLION.

That's what's called a "Little Bet."

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Bets-Br...7920889&sr=1-1
                        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwinnky View Post
                          Gary, King of Amazon Studios.
                          Oh my god...

Comment

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
                            The problem for Gary -- and I hope he wins the $1 million, as I would for anybody in anything, because we all covet the proverbial easy $$$ -- is that the actual script is not even close to being salable in Hollywood. It's not even worthy of getting an agent. And not even mighty Amazon can sell an unworthy script to WB or any other studio. Therein lies the fatal flaw in Amazon Studios and all their $$$. Jeff Bezos will go broke at this rate before he ever gets a movie made, or a script sold. And as was pointed out by Jeff Lowell in the earlier thread, a "test movie" doesn't mean squat -- except, of course, for the aforementioned $1 million.

I haven't read the script you are trashing here, but I've read some of Gary's other screenplays, and I assure you, he has some good stuff, that is worthy of at least consideration. So, as for you wrapping up Gary's career, and his chances in Hollywood into one project, I think you will be sadly disappointed. Because Gary is going to make it.

Comment

Congratulations Gary!

And jtwg50 - you are missing the obvious: Amazon *Studios* - they aren't selling the script to WB or anything else, they are making movies. They own one of the largest distribution systems in the world... the one that WB uses to sell their movies. This isn't a change in the system - it's always been about *distribution*. That's why Bob Lippert (who owned a cinema chain - mostly drive ins) became a film producer and gave Sam Fuller his first directing gig... plus made the best version ever of I AM LEGEND. He owned the distribution outlet, which meant he *controlled* what movies would be seen. That's the same as Amazon today. Is there any other company that sells more DVDs and BluRays worldwide? It's just like Walmart - they can make demands on manufacturers.

Not to mention: One miiiiillllliion dollars!

I wouldn't mind making a million dollars for a script.

This is cool, Gary.

- Bill
                              Free Script Tips:
                              http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Companies that sell DVD's don't control which movies are seen, companies that own cinemas do.

Comment

Working...
                                X