Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl Fellowship 2012 open for submissions

I'm reporting this whole fvcking thread to the studios.

HH

Comment

If I have to share a cell, can it be with Pam Grier?

- Bill

PS: Meanwhile, I think the Nicholl Fellowship is more $ than ever before!
      Free Script Tips:
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
        If I have to share a cell, can it be with Pam Grier?

- Bill
        she doesn't scare you... maybe just a little bit?

Comment

Hey Greg. Is there any way that my collaborator can verify that the verification email has been sent to me or verify they've used the right e-mail address? They say that the site says the submission is "pending collaborator confirmation" but I have not yet received the e-mail. (I've checked my spam folder--no dice.)
          Shaken, not stirred.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaken_Vesper View Post
            Hey Greg. Is there any way that my collaborator can verify that the verification email has been sent to me or verify they've used the right e-mail address? They say that the site says the submission is "pending collaborator confirmation" but I have not yet received the e-mail. (I've checked my spam folder--no dice.)
            Couldn't find an entrant named Shaken Vesper. Guess you'll have to send an email to nicholl at oscars.org explaining who's who and what's what.

And I think the primary entrant can double-check the email address he provided for you.

Comment

Greg, with the discussion about formatting in this thread, can you tell us if the Nicholl has a formatting category?

Comment

Verification email? Was I supposed to get one of those? I submitted a script April 1 through the website, it shows "Confirmed," and my credit card was charged. But I never received a "verification email." Are confirmation emails running three weeks behind? Or should I be concerned...

(Great. Something else to get anxious about. )

Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
                  Verification email? Was I supposed to get one of those? I submitted a script April 1 through the website, it shows "Confirmed," and my credit card was charged. But I never received a "verification email." Are confirmation emails running three weeks behind? Or should I be concerned...

Late Night Writer
                  I haven't gotten a "verification email" yet, either, but my experience in the past has been they've always lagged behind a bit with the email.

Obviously, Greg will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think as long as it says "confirmed" on your application, you're good to go.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by AlexNoa View Post
                    Greg, with the discussion about formatting in this thread, can you tell us if the Nicholl has a formatting category?
                    No, there is not a formatting category.

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post

Late Night Writer
                      Sorry for any confusion or anxiety.

We're not planning on sending confirmation emails as all of the information can be found easily and much earlier in your Nicholl account.

When you complete your end, the account displays Submitted beneath your title.

When we have processed your entry, the account displays Confirmed beneath your title.

When Confirmed appears, your script number is displayed in the Copy for your Records.

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                        What are the categories?

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry for any confusion or anxiety.

We're not planning on sending confirmation emails as all of the information can be found easily and much earlier in your Nicholl account.

When you complete your end, the account displays Submitted beneath your title.

When we have processed your entry, the account displays Confirmed beneath your title.

When Confirmed appears, your script number is displayed in the Copy for your Records.
                          Whew! Thanks, Greg!

Late Night Writer

Comment

Yep, I should've known -- Nicholl is that good.

Comment

Can anyone answer how the Nicholl is judged (please)?

Thought they evaluated the script as a whole and gave it a "good" or "sucks" and then put it with the other scripts that are good or suck. Then kept doing that til they were narrowed down.

This category idea's got me bewildered.

I wasn't going to enter this year because of plot problems at the end of Act 2. But if the other aspects are the best I can make them should I enter? Definitely not going to win or make semi's with a script with plot problems, right?

But now I don't know how heavily that'll weigh in the scoring. If I knew the categories they score on it'd be easier to determine whether to spend the cash.

Thanks.

Comment

While searching for threads that answer your question, Iggy, I found THIS THREAD that YOU started, in which Greg tells you about the process.
                                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Working...
                                X