No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl Fellowship 2012 open for submissions

Thanks for chiming in, Greg.

Just FYI, FB does allow non-users to see the Nicholl page and people's posts, but it doesn't let them see responses to the posts, if you follow.

I think that's why I was unaware of the possible delay in announcements that someone mentioned in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by sixridgeroad View Post
      Thanks for chiming in, Greg.

Just FYI, FB does allow non-users to see the Nicholl page and people's posts, but it doesn't let them see responses to the posts, if you follow.

I think that's why I was unaware of the possible delay in announcements that someone mentioned in the thread.
      Let me see if I understand: you can see all the Nicholl posts and comments in which there is no mention of a delay. You cannot see other posts, which apparently mention a possible delay.

Should you trust the Nicholl posts and comments you can see or the comments by others you cannot see?

Comment

I'm not sure that "trust" ever entered my thinking on this subject. I can see posts where users ask "When are we being notified?" but can't see if you or other Nicholl folks have responded to their direct questions. Someone on this thread, about four posts back, mentioned there might be a delay; I thought perhaps he or she got that idea from the post responses on FB that I can't see.

Comment

...Someone on this thread, about four posts back, mentioned there might be a delay; I thought perhaps he or she got that idea from the post responses on FB that I can't see.
          I've seen various posts speculating about late announcements or referring to a Nicholl post that mentioned a late announcement (for QFs), but when I searched, I couldn't find any post by Nicholl or Greg that said announcements might be late. I did see a Nicholl post that said, because of the extra read, things were taking longer than they had anticipated. But, again, no mention of late QF announcements. And there was one poster who posted about an August 4 announcement, and other posters assumed this was a typo. The talk might have stemmed from this post.

Comment

Originally posted by P-jay View Post
            I've seen various posts speculating about late announcements or referring to a Nicholl post that mentioned a late announcement (for QFs), but when I searched, I couldn't find any post by Nicholl or Greg that said announcements might be late. I did see a Nicholl post that said, because of the extra read, things were taking longer than they had anticipated. But, again, no mention of late QF announcements. And there was one poster who posted about an August 4 announcement, and other posters assumed this was a typo. The talk might have stemmed from this post.
            I too remembered seeing the Aug. 4th date on FB, but did not think it was a type-o. Figured the announcement might be delayed due to the double reads this year. But I also heard Greg likes to be earlier than the possible announcement date.. either way, it's gonna be a long weekend.
            "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

So when you say "GB never tips his hand" you mean that he doesn't post anything anywhere saying "Check your emails tomorrow/on Monday, etc."

Which means that the email could come at any time now. Like, in five minutes, or Saturday afternoon, or August 2nd at 8am.

Note to self: Give computer to friend/therapist/valet until 8/2 so that I can't manically check email like an OCD nutbag.
              There will be thousands of us ready to be sent to the funny farm over the next week or so!
              "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by Aspirant View Post
                Last year Quarterfinalists were announced on July 30, for what that's worth. In 2010 the announcement came on July 22, and in 2009 it was on August 1. There's never any advance notice, and Greg never tips his hand. The email comes right out of the blue.
                What time did those emails arrive in your inbox?

Comment

I heard QFs will be announced Dec 25th. I'm not stating that as fact, just what I heard.

HH

Comment

Yea, I just read that too.
                    Free Script Reads and Notes

​
                    ​

Comment

Greg just posted on FB that the emails won't be sent until at least Monday. Everyone enjoy your weekend!

Comment

"Since a handful of entrants seem to be freaking out about Nicholl notification emails, we'll guarantee that the emails will not be sent today, tomorrow or Sunday. Relax, get some rest, watch the Olympics, do some writing."

The above is from the FB page. Enjoy your weekend guys! May next week bring us celebration and many wine toasts!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by hardyear View Post
                          "Since a handful of entrants seem to be freaking out about Nicholl notification emails, we'll guarantee that the emails will not be sent today, tomorrow or Sunday. Relax, get some rest, watch the Olympics, do some writing."
                          Told you.

HH

Comment

Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.

Comment

I've seen two that seem to fit my script (an over the top R-rated comedy) to a tee, but am trying to convince myself I'm being delusional. Like everyone else, I'll know (sort of) next week!
                              And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm just curious if a script good enough to sell is good enough to make the quarters at the Nicholl...

Comment

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
                                And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point.
                                I might be remembering wrong (and I'm sure someone -- i.e. Greg -- will correct me if so) but I don't believe you're actually disqualified until the paperwork is done and/or the (above 5k) cheque is in hand, which, I'm sure you know, can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months from the time you get the good news.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but a lot can happen in that time. Might be worth checking with the Nicholl folks before pulling the plug.
                                twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Working...
                                X