No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl Fellowship 2012 open for submissions

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
    I've seen two that seem to fit my script (an over the top R-rated comedy) to a tee, but am trying to convince myself I'm being delusional. Like everyone else, I'll know (sort of) next week!
    And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm just curious if a script good enough to sell is good enough to make the quarters at the Nicholl...
    Congrats on the sale!

Comment

I've seen two that seem to fit my script (an over the top R-rated comedy) to a tee, but am trying to convince myself I'm being delusional. Like everyone else, I'll know (sort of) next week!
      And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm just curious if a script good enough to sell is good enough to make the quarters at the Nicholl...
      I got halfway through your post and I was thinking - dude, you just sold something! You don't qualify.

But then the point XL makes is relevant. Get that money in the bank before pulling the script. You are not DQ'd until your account is full of cash. (IMO!)

Comment

Originally posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
        Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.
        Two months ago I saw a comment about a deeply moving sci-fi with "tons of fresh beats." My script immediately came to mind because of all the dramatic pauses I crammed into the dialogue.
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
          Two months ago I saw a comment about a deeply moving sci-fi with "tons of fresh beats." My script immediately came to mind because of all the dramatic pauses I crammed into the dialogue.
          I actually thought that was mine 'cause it's about a sentient salad that goes on a rampage...until I realized they were talking about "beAts" and not "beEts".

HH

Comment

XL: Thanks for the observation. I'd never thought of that (all of this is still sinking in). If I do make the quarters (and I have no reason to think I will), I sure would like to see if indeed I could advance further... and even under the best case scenario, I probably won't see my check for 30-60 days -- and can "stall" a little if I choose to.
            Very interesting...
            Thanks again.

Comment

Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.
              Several! No doubt the reality is that it was none of the comments..
              "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

I seem to remember Greg saying the every year several of the best, highest placing scripts ultimately are withdrawn because they've sold/were optioned.
                "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

One early on that seemed like a close fit - more than " 'a great script with neat characters and cool dialogue,' obviously, that must be mine!"
                  Patrick Sweeney

Comment

The one that said, "Harold Hecuba wrote the best fvcking script EVER in the history of this contest. Not since John Holmes has a human vessel contained such talent. Everyone else go home and cry, we have a winner!"

Yeah, that one was about mine, I think.

HH

Comment

The one that said, "Harold Hecuba wrote the best fvcking script EVER in the
                      history of this contest. Not since John Holmes has a human vessel contained
                      such talent. Everyone else go home and cry, we have a winner!"

Seriously, as soon as I click on Done Deal Forums, I search for Harold Hecuba's posts in hopes of another great laugh. Harold, dude, I hope you write comedy.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Harold IS a comedy, on the hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                          The one that said, "Harold Hecuba wrote the best fvcking script EVER in the history of this contest. Not since John Holmes has a human vessel contained such talent. Everyone else go home and cry, we have a winner!"

HH
                          Bad analogy. John Holmes didn't really contain his talent so much as spew it all over.
                          If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                          Dave Barry

Comment

Any idea what day thousands of writers get their heart broken? I'm guessing it will be Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm getting antsy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheConnorNoden View Post
                              Any idea what day thousands of writers get their heart broken? I'm guessing it will be Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm getting antsy.
                              I thought for sure they'd roll out after midnight LA time - NOT!

From this point on, we gotta be glued to email. No telling what day they'll go out.

Greg ain't given us any hints.

Comment

Posted by Greg on Facebook today:

The Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting
                                Quick note: we're still reading, still processing, still tallying. Without a doubt, no emails will be sent during the working hours today.

Comment

Working...
                                X