No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl Fellowship 2012 open for submissions

Originally posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.
    I've seen one comment that fits one of my entries on every point, but it's impossible to know how many other scripts/writers can claim that same comment. Claiming comments gets to be something of a fool's game after you see enough of them, but you can't help hoping. And then, of course, even if you had one reader who loved your script, two others might not agree, and you might end up with a stellar comment and not make QFs.

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
    I've seen two that seem to fit my script (an over the top R-rated comedy) to a tee, but am trying to convince myself I'm being delusional. Like everyone else, I'll know (sort of) next week!
    And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm just curious if a script good enough to sell is good enough to make the quarters at the Nicholl...
    Congratulation on the sale. This is the real win. (BTW, there was one poster on Nicholl Facebook whose 2011 entry failed to make QFs but sold, so it happens.)

Comment

New notice on the Nicholl Facebook page - no notifications tonight or Tuesday morning.
      Patrick Sweeney

Comment

P-Jay: Thanks for that info and insight. Yeah, the Nicholl thing is pretty crazy when you add in all the X factors, good and bad. But like everybody else, I'm hanging by my thumbnails waiting to resolve my curisoity. Good luck to you and all the other DD'ers. We have to stick together.

Comment

P-Jay: Thanks for that info and insight. Yeah, the Nicholl thing is pretty crazy when you add in all the X factors, good and bad. But like everybody else, I'm hanging by my thumbnails waiting to resolve my curisoity. Good luck to you and all the other DD'ers. We have to stick together.
          Welcome and yes. Good luck to all. Can't be much longer now.

Comment

"Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

It's 8:55 in Florida. I wonder how many nervous breakdowns, liquor store robberies and suicide attempts there have been so far. They're almost certain to spike upward overnight. And I imagine that at this point, there has even been a tragic increase in cruelty to household pets.
              GREG: Get in the life-saving business here, pal (not to mention minimizing the damage to liquor stores and saving cats and dogs from needless abuse).

Comment

It's 8:55 in Florida.
                [/B]
                When you gonna move outta this hellhole known as FL and move to Hollywood (and take me with you)?

Weatherman says there's something brewing in the tropics...
                "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

JoJo:
                  1) Soon (within 60 days). I lived in L.A. for 14 years.
                  2) Are you male or female? If female, how would you describe yourself? Come up with just the right description and I might just take you with me. I need a "companion." The isolation of writing (and being single) has driven me to the verge of monkhood.
                  3) What sign are you? I have to know that, moving back to L.A., whether you're coming along or not, as I'm sure you understand.
                  4) Ask me anything you'd like.
                  Buenos noches.

Comment

Notices are going out. My Ghost Train script fell in the top 10% but failed to advance. Congrats to the quarterfinalists, and good luck.
                    Patrick Sweeney

Comment

JoJo:
                      1) Soon (within 60 days). I lived in L.A. for 14 years.
                      2) Are you male or female? If female, how would you describe yourself? Come up with just the right description and I might just take you with me. I need a "companion." The isolation of writing (and being single) has driven me to the verge of monkhood.
                      3) What sign are you? I have to know that, moving back to L.A., whether you're coming along or not, as I'm sure you understand.
                      4) Ask me anything you'd like.
                      Buenos noches.
                      Decidedly female. If Susan Hayward and Marlo Thomas had a sister, she'd be me. I'm a gourmet cook. When I was 13, I entered a nation-wide essay contest and got published. Have had the writing bug ever since. I live to write. Write to live. Oh, did I mention I'm a 2012 PAGE and Nicholl quarter finalist?

Scorpio.

Why'd you leave LA???? And move to FL? I've lived here 22 miserable years and can't wait to get the hell out. Soon as I make a sale, it's California here I come....
                      Last edited by JoJo; 07-31-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
                        Notices are going out. My Ghost Train script fell in the top 10% but failed to advance. Congrats to the quarterfinalists, and good luck.
                        What??????????? You got the email????

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
                          What??????????? You got the email????
                          Yep, at 6:30 pacific time. They may be sending in waves depending on how their mass emailer works, I guess. According to the email, there are 7,100+ entries, so I assume all the emails can't drop the same instant.
                          Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Sweeney View Post
                            Yep, at 6:30 pacific time. They may be sending in waves depending on how their mass emailer works, I guess. According to the email, there are 7,100+ entries, so I assume all the emails can't drop the same instant.
                            Wowsa! Yes, I heard they send them out in batches - and it can take several hours.

Damn, you were close... better luck next year!

Comment

Well, here we go ...

JoJo -- not that it matters, but I had no idea you were a woman.

Good luck.

Comment

One of mine made QFs.

Comment

Working...
                                X