• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jtwg50
    replied
    Re: Nicholl Fellowship 2012 open for submissions

JoJo:
    1) Soon (within 60 days). I lived in L.A. for 14 years.
    2) Are you male or female? If female, how would you describe yourself? Come up with just the right description and I might just take you with me. I need a "companion." The isolation of writing (and being single) has driven me to the verge of monkhood.
    3) What sign are you? I have to know that, moving back to L.A., whether you're coming along or not, as I'm sure you understand.
    4) Ask me anything you'd like.
    Buenos noches.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
    It's 8:55 in Florida.
    [/B]
    When you gonna move outta this hellhole known as FL and move to Hollywood (and take me with you)?

Weatherman says there's something brewing in the tropics...

Leave a comment:

• jtwg50
    replied

It's 8:55 in Florida. I wonder how many nervous breakdowns, liquor store robberies and suicide attempts there have been so far. They're almost certain to spike upward overnight. And I imagine that at this point, there has even been a tragic increase in cruelty to household pets.
    GREG: Get in the life-saving business here, pal (not to mention minimizing the damage to liquor stores and saving cats and dogs from needless abuse).

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied

P-Jay: Thanks for that info and insight. Yeah, the Nicholl thing is pretty crazy when you add in all the X factors, good and bad. But like everybody else, I'm hanging by my thumbnails waiting to resolve my curisoity. Good luck to you and all the other DD'ers. We have to stick together.

Leave a comment:

• P-jay
    replied

P-Jay: Thanks for that info and insight. Yeah, the Nicholl thing is pretty crazy when you add in all the X factors, good and bad. But like everybody else, I'm hanging by my thumbnails waiting to resolve my curisoity. Good luck to you and all the other DD'ers. We have to stick together.
    Welcome and yes. Good luck to all. Can't be much longer now.

Leave a comment:

• jtwg50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Sweeney
    replied

New notice on the Nicholl Facebook page - no notifications tonight or Tuesday morning.

Leave a comment:

• P-jay
    replied

Originally posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.
    I've seen one comment that fits one of my entries on every point, but it's impossible to know how many other scripts/writers can claim that same comment. Claiming comments gets to be something of a fool's game after you see enough of them, but you can't help hoping. And then, of course, even if you had one reader who loved your script, two others might not agree, and you might end up with a stellar comment and not make QFs.

I've seen two that seem to fit my script (an over the top R-rated comedy) to a tee, but am trying to convince myself I'm being delusional. Like everyone else, I'll know (sort of) next week!
    And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm just curious if a script good enough to sell is good enough to make the quarters at the Nicholl...
    Congratulation on the sale. This is the real win. (BTW, there was one poster on Nicholl Facebook whose 2011 entry failed to make QFs but sold, so it happens.)

Leave a comment:

• justin
    replied

Posted by Greg on Facebook today:

The Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting
    Quick note: we're still reading, still processing, still tallying. Without a doubt, no emails will be sent during the working hours today.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied

Originally posted by TheConnorNoden View Post
    Any idea what day thousands of writers get their heart broken? I'm guessing it will be Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm getting antsy.
    I thought for sure they'd roll out after midnight LA time - NOT!

From this point on, we gotta be glued to email. No telling what day they'll go out.

Greg ain't given us any hints.

Leave a comment:

• TheConnorNoden
    replied

Any idea what day thousands of writers get their heart broken? I'm guessing it will be Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm getting antsy.

Leave a comment:

• Centurio
    replied

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    The one that said, "Harold Hecuba wrote the best fvcking script EVER in the history of this contest. Not since John Holmes has a human vessel contained such talent. Everyone else go home and cry, we have a winner!"

HH
    Bad analogy. John Holmes didn't really contain his talent so much as spew it all over.

Leave a comment:

• jtwg50
    replied

Harold IS a comedy, on the hoof.

Leave a comment:

• LateNightWriter
    replied

The one that said, "Harold Hecuba wrote the best fvcking script EVER in the
    history of this contest. Not since John Holmes has a human vessel contained
    such talent. Everyone else go home and cry, we have a winner!"

Seriously, as soon as I click on Done Deal Forums, I search for Harold Hecuba's posts in hopes of another great laugh. Harold, dude, I hope you write comedy.

Late Night Writer

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

Originally posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.
    The one that said, "Harold Hecuba wrote the best fvcking script EVER in the history of this contest. Not since John Holmes has a human vessel contained such talent. Everyone else go home and cry, we have a winner!"

Yeah, that one was about mine, I think.

HH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X