• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Sweeney
    replied
    Re: Nicholl Fellowship 2012 open for submissions

Originally posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.
    One early on that seemed like a close fit - more than " 'a great script with neat characters and cool dialogue,' obviously, that must be mine!"

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
    I've seen two that seem to fit my script (an over the top R-rated comedy) to a tee, but am trying to convince myself I'm being delusional. Like everyone else, I'll know (sort of) next week!
    And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm just curious if a script good enough to sell is good enough to make the quarters at the Nicholl...
    I seem to remember Greg saying the every year several of the best, highest placing scripts ultimately are withdrawn because they've sold/were optioned.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied

Anyone else see a comment that they though could go with their script? I saw one, but I'm probably just seeing what I want to.
    Several! No doubt the reality is that it was none of the comments..

Leave a comment:

• jtwg50
    replied

XL: Thanks for the observation. I'd never thought of that (all of this is still sinking in). If I do make the quarters (and I have no reason to think I will), I sure would like to see if indeed I could advance further... and even under the best case scenario, I probably won't see my check for 30-60 days -- and can "stall" a little if I choose to.
    Very interesting...
    Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
    Two months ago I saw a comment about a deeply moving sci-fi with "tons of fresh beats." My script immediately came to mind because of all the dramatic pauses I crammed into the dialogue.
    I actually thought that was mine 'cause it's about a sentient salad that goes on a rampage...until I realized they were talking about "beAts" and not "beEts".

HH

Leave a comment:

• FoxHound
    replied

Two months ago I saw a comment about a deeply moving sci-fi with "tons of fresh beats." My script immediately came to mind because of all the dramatic pauses I crammed into the dialogue.

Leave a comment:

• lostfootage
    replied

I've seen two that seem to fit my script (an over the top R-rated comedy) to a tee, but am trying to convince myself I'm being delusional. Like everyone else, I'll know (sort of) next week!
    And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm just curious if a script good enough to sell is good enough to make the quarters at the Nicholl...
    I got halfway through your post and I was thinking - dude, you just sold something! You don't qualify.

But then the point XL makes is relevant. Get that money in the bank before pulling the script. You are not DQ'd until your account is full of cash. (IMO!)

Leave a comment:

• briking
    replied

Congrats on the sale!

Leave a comment:

• -XL-
    replied

And it sold last Wednesday, so I have nothing to lose -- and I am disqualified from going any further, even if I make the quarters, so I have nothing to lose at this point.
    I might be remembering wrong (and I'm sure someone -- i.e. Greg -- will correct me if so) but I don't believe you're actually disqualified until the paperwork is done and/or the (above 5k) cheque is in hand, which, I'm sure you know, can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months from the time you get the good news.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but a lot can happen in that time. Might be worth checking with the Nicholl folks before pulling the plug.

Leave a comment:

• jtwg50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UltraSuperMegaMo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

Originally posted by hardyear View Post
    "Since a handful of entrants seem to be freaking out about Nicholl notification emails, we'll guarantee that the emails will not be sent today, tomorrow or Sunday. Relax, get some rest, watch the Olympics, do some writing."
    Told you.

HH

Leave a comment:

• hardyear
    replied

"Since a handful of entrants seem to be freaking out about Nicholl notification emails, we'll guarantee that the emails will not be sent today, tomorrow or Sunday. Relax, get some rest, watch the Olympics, do some writing."

The above is from the FB page. Enjoy your weekend guys! May next week bring us celebration and many wine toasts!! :-)

Leave a comment:

• briking
    replied

Greg just posted on FB that the emails won't be sent until at least Monday. Everyone enjoy your weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Somers
    replied

Yea, I just read that too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X