replied
    Re: Austin: who's in?

original drama pilot and original sitcom pilot. i plan on attending

Leave a comment:

• Richmond Weems
    replied

Originally posted by AlexNoa View Post
    So you're fine with an actual policy to not read more pages? I think most entrants would prefer the opposite.
    I'm fine with it.

What I'm not fine with is someone tossing pages away 'cause of a title page doesn't look the way the reader wants it, or the city doesn't happen to be NY or Los Angeles.

But without a doubt, toss mine in the trash if you can't get past the first five pages. The fault lies with me, not the reader.

HH

Leave a comment:

• UnequalProductions
    replied

I'll have a pilot in the hour-long competition. So everyone else might as well save their entry fees.

Leave a comment:

• AlexNoa
    replied

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
    Alex, I hear you but even the contests that insist all their readers read all the submissions from start to finish have no way of policing their readers. Who knows how many scripts get blown off on page five even in the best of contests? Either you write a compelling story or you don't.. you can drag a horse to water.....
    So you're fine with an actual policy to not read more pages? I think most entrants would prefer the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    replied

Originally posted by AlexNoa View Post
    I spoke to a reader for Austin while attending the conference one year and she told me they(readers) were told to only read the first five pages and if it didn't catch their interest, they could move on. Yeah, I'd like to hear someone from Austin on DDP too.
    Alex, I hear you but even the contests that insist all their readers read all the submissions from start to finish have no way of policing their readers. Who knows how many scripts get blown off on page five even in the best of contests? Either you write a compelling story or you don't.. you can drag a horse to water.....

Leave a comment:

• Anagram
    replied

Jeff Lowell has mentioned he reads for Austin so you could ask him if that's been his experience. Based on his posts in another thread, it would be strange.

Leave a comment:

• AlexNoa
    replied

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
    Now that Nicholl is closed for entries, it's all about Austin (their deadline approaches).

Who's in this year? With what?

Me, I'm in with a new feature and a new one-hour drama.

I entered my very first script in Austin back in '97. Made the first cut but got no further. Attended the conference that year, which was terrific.

Anyone considering attending the conference this year if they make the first cut? Or make the second cut?

BTW, I second the idea that we need an Austin version of Greg Beal to chat us up here on DD.
    I spoke to a reader for Austin while attending the conference one year and she told me they(readers) were told to only read the first five pages and if it didn't catch their interest, they could move on. Yeah, I'd like to hear someone from Austin on DDP too.

Leave a comment:

• JoJo
    started a topic Austin: who's in?

Austin: who's in?

Now that Nicholl is closed for entries, it's all about Austin (their deadline approaches).

Who's in this year? With what?

Me, I'm in with a new feature and a new one-hour drama.

I entered my very first script in Austin back in '97. Made the first cut but got no further. Attended the conference that year, which was terrific.

Anyone considering attending the conference this year if they make the first cut? Or make the second cut?

BTW, I second the idea that we need an Austin version of Greg Beal to chat us up here on DD.
Working...
X