Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Pipeline 2012

Anyone else enter? I threw two hats into the ring.

Their site is informative but I'd love to hear subjective/anecdotal thoughts on their whole "deal" -- i.e., whether they seem to favor any kind of material over another, nature of their process, etc.

Also wondering if they contact finalists privately before making the public announcement.

Good luck to those who entered. Exciting and nerve-wracking stuff, these script comps -- talk about high personal stakes! Freak me.

Re: Script Pipeline 2012

I was a finalist a few years ago with a drama script. The other finalists ran the gamut--comedies, thrillers, indie dramas. When I finalled, I received a phone call the day before or the day they posted the results on their site. There's an awards ceremony with pizza and soda where you get your check, and that's about it. The placement generated only one read request. In terms of validation, it's what I needed. In terms of anything else, meh.

Comment

Pizza and soda? Holy ****! Why didn't anyone tell me? I'll never not enter this contest ever again

Comment

What kind of pizza?

Comment

I'm in with one script - it's my first year entering pipeline.

This one's a long shot like trackingb, but hey, I'll keep the cell phone handy just in case I make it into the finals...

Think I'll skip the pizza party and say: just mail me the check.
          "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by onthecusp View Post
            The placement generated only one read request. In terms of validation, it's what I needed. In terms of anything else, meh.
            You would think with only a select few being finalists, there'd be more heat... This year, I'm trying all the contest just to experience them all for myself, have a sense of how each contest is run so I can advise others - I probably won't enter this one next year.
            "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Thanks for the debriefing, Onthecusp. Yeah, it's all about the val with these things, really what I jones for most right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspirant View Post
                What kind of pizza?
                Seriously. Pizza sounds so good right now.

Comment

Did anyone opt to receive feedback for their script?

If so, have you received it?

I can't recall whether the contest stated that feedback would arrive before or after the finalists were announced.

Comment

If "Killing Season" (action) and "Henchman" (animation) won in 2010 and 2011, I'd say they've begun to favor more marketable scripts.

As for me, I entered this year for the first time and expect to be sooner electrocuted by the lightning storm literally brewing outside my home right now then make it to the finals.
                    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Aspirant View Post
                      What kind of pizza?
                      You and I think alike.

Comment

Their websites a bit confusing. Did they announce winners for this year yet?
                        "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                        - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

I think just finalists, with winners to be announced soon (next two weeks)?

Comment

Originally posted by Levenger View Post
                            I think just finalists, with winners to be announced soon (next two weeks)?
                            Thanks. Somehow I thought it was today.
                            "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                            - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

That damn fox in their logo is so f*cking annoying. I swear to God I just want to punch him in his pompous anthropomorphic face. And yes, I missed the finals.
                              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Working...
                              X