No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Script competitions: Interviews

Originally posted by figment View Post
    For pete's sake, tensions run high around here, no?
    I haven't been here long enough to know how high tensions run. If you're trying to insinuate I'm angry, I'm not. I'm just surprised at some of the responses.

First, someone says I'm giving bad advice where I didn't give any. Then someone questions why some nobody like me would be interviewed when the whole thing is essentially a survey that anyone could have taken. (Jim posted a request for people to interview right here at this very forum.) Now someone says I do nothing but enter contests when I specifically said in the interview that I didn't think writers should rely on them.

First off, I write stuff for myself and other independent filmmakers. Secondly, I know people in Hollywood who will read my stuff if I have something they may be interested in. I find those avenues more productive than blindly querying all over the place.

Since, however, I seem to be in the minority here, rather than risk coming off as angry and defensive, I'll just gracefully bow out of the discussion. I apologize if I increased tensions on the boards.

Comment

Re: Script competitions: Interviews

Breanne's a cool chick. Don't understand the hate. She did well in some contests and gained some industry contacts; some dude asked her questions, she answered honestly based on her experience. Why the hostility towards her?

And yes she is working hard to get stuff made via independent means.

And not sending out your first script seems typical advice peeps here give to newbies -- even though there have been writers that have broken in on their first script. But, like many people have experienced, first scripts tend to suck.

Comment

Working...
      X