Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Shorts

Anybody else going to this one? I was selected so I'll definitely be there. This is the first contest I've ever entered and my first festival so any words of advice?
    "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Re: DC Shorts

I was an intern for DC Shorts several years ago. Jon, the festival director, does his best to make the parties and screenings fun for all the filmmakers that come. I've gone out drinking with filmmakers late into the night. We've had after parties at the Navy Memorial, Guitar Center, awards brunch at Clyde's. I would come armed with business cards and try to meet as many people as possible. Have fun!

Comment

Re: DC Shorts

Originally posted by GI_Jeep View Post
      Anybody else going to this one? I was selected so I'll definitely be there. This is the first contest I've ever entered and my first festival so any words of advice?
      Network and enjoy. Just be yourself. Don't try to sell anyone anything, wait for them to ask you about your script. If they don't, that's fine - ask others about what they do and get to know them. See everything you can, listen in on every panel you can. Go in with no expectations but having a good time and meeting some folks you will (hopefully) correspond/meet with throughout the years to come. You'll be happier and saner if you do...

Comment

Working...
      X