Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big News About Script Frenzy 2013

You know Script Frenzy, 30 days, 100 pages, that thing? Well there's big news about it. That news is it ain't happening ever again. http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/eng/node/4189006

The "Too Long; Didn't Read" version is that it wasn't making the organizers money and was a drain financially, not to mention fewer people participating, so it's done.

It's really too bad. I used it to show just how difficult it is to write a screenplay. It's a mere three pages per day and yet most people still can't do it.

I actually hope that it gets resurrected somehow and gets some good sponsership behind it. Maybe something like completed screenplays get read with notes and the best ten or something get some kind of deal. Something.

Re: Big News About Script Frenzy 2013

Ah OK.

But why the hell was it supposed to make any money?

You paid someone so that you could write a script in a month yourself?

Comment

It was completely free of charge. No money was involved unless you bought a tshirt or some other chockies. You just signed up, started at Midnight on April 1 and had until Midnight on April 30 to knock 100 pages out. If you did it, you got nothing except self satisfaction and bragging rights. I think there were buttons you could put on your blog.

I'm not entirely certain where the financial outlay was beyond some webspace and bandwidth. It was a nonprofit and they took donations, so who knows how it was supposed to work financially, but clearly after five years it didn't work.

Comment

That's tragic. I wrote my first screenplay during ScriptFrenzy 2 years ago. Changed my life. Farewell, ScriptFrenzy.

Comment

That is big news.

HH

Comment

No. Not happening.

The site might fold and the organizers might shift their attention to other matters but the Frenzy lives on.

April 1, 2013, I'll still do the Frenzy. We don't need no stinkin' website. We can have it right here, and on Simply Scripts, and on Talentville, Twitter, Facebook, and anywhere else our online reach takes us. Challenge your friends and neighbours, your peers, your mentors.

Keep calm and carry on.
            Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Comment

Working...
            X