Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Tracking Board, Script Shadow launch contest

Well, as one of the TB Recommends writers, I can say that they are not being dishonest in what they're saying about us, and what you say they're doing is not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by dietgreentea View Post
      Well, as one of the TB Recommends writers, I can say that they are not being dishonest in what they're saying about us, and what you say they're doing is not accurate.
      So, you have a writing career now? Ie... You make a living as a pro writer? And so does Dan Dollar, Brian Michael Scully, and the rest of the TB Recommends? Because I can't find much that would support that claim.

Why not just be honest, and say we're a brand spanking new contest with no success stories yet, but we plan on finding them? Instead of first launching with Scriptshadow and claiming his successes, and now launching with dubious claims?

Comment

I heard some very, very bad things about how Carson being kicked off this contest. Yikes if what I was told was true.

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
          So, you have a writing career now? Ie... You make a living as a pro writer? And so does Dan Dollar, Brian Michael Scully, and the rest of the TB Recommends? Because I can't find much that would support that claim.
          I think they just mean that TB Recommends people are repped now. I think that counts as a step towards a career at least. And I know a few of those scripts have sold or been optioned, though I don't know for how much. I'm repped (not through TB Rec), and I consider myself to have a career even though I'm not making enough yet to quit my survival job.

It looks like as good a contest as any for people looking for another chance to get repped, in my humble opinion.
          @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TB Recommends is a great idea. So is the contest. Anything to help shine a spotlight on undiscovered writers is good.

But there's a big difference between landing reps and having an actual career as a screenwriter. Many people just assume landing a rep means you now have a career. Sure, getting reps is certainly a step in the right direction, and it does open doors. Plus you can't have a career without good reps, but those two things are separated by a very long gulf.
            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Dammit! I'm in the gulf!
              @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I should have really said *can be separated by a really long gulf.* It can happen a lot sooner for some people. Others it can take years and years.

For most of us, it's the latter.
                @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by absolutepower View Post
                  I heard some very, very bad things about how Carson being kicked off this contest. Yikes if what I was told was true.
                  I'd be curious to hear that story...
                  twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Originally posted by Guinea Pig
                    A variation of this should be published as the only useful piece of advice screenwriters will ever need.

In other words, it takes a long time to be a good or great screenwriter. There is no short cut. Keep writing. Keep rewriting. And keep writing some more. And then you'll be somewhere near ready.
                    I should also emphasize that landing a good rep is still a victory within itself, and definitely something to be proud of. It can be brutally hard out there to get signed. I have some friends who have been grinding away at this for years to no avail.

But it is encouraging to see all these new opportunities popping up online for undiscovered writers.

Get writing, people!
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Giving it a go. The more exposure the better, and besides, it's still cyber Monday pricing (Yeah, baby, yeah!!).

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                        Giving it a go. The more exposure the better, and besides, it's still cyber Monday pricing (Yeah, baby, yeah!!).
                        Ditto! Good luck to you sir!

Comment

Working...
                        X