Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

    Hi everyone,

    Quick question about Scriptapalooza. I have placed in the Top 100 of its Screenplay Competition this year. Mark Andrushko at the organization just sent an e-mail indicating which producers/agents/managers have requested scripts from the list so far.

    The organizers say that they will promote all scripts in this list for a full year. My question is, for those who have placed in the Top 100 in the past - how exactly do they do this? Do they just keep resending the list to their network of 90 or so producers throughout the year? Or do they proactively reach out to new contacts? What other ways do they "promote" the script? Can't imagine there are many options.

    I'm just curious to find out if there are any real benefits/advantages to being in the Top 100 after the first round of script requests are made. Hopefully someone here can provide some insight....

    Thanks!
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

  • #2
    Re: Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

    This is my second time in the top 100. The benefit is that your script may get read by agents, managers, or prodcos. If they like it, you'll hear back from them. However, don't expect many companies to request your script unless you're in the top 3 (or maybe top ten).

    Mine's just a semifinalist and has gotten a couple of read requests. One producer got back to me to say he really liked my script and what else do I have. I'm not sure it's going anywhere, but at least it's an opportunity. A lot of contests completely ignore their semifinalists, so I give Scriptapalooza credit for trying.

    If you want the details of exactly what they do and how, you'll need to ask Mark Andrushko. I doubt anyone else can answer that.

    Good luck and congratulations on your placement.

    My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

      Originally posted by Margie Kaptanoglu View Post
      This is my second time in the top 100. The benefit is that your script may get read by agents, managers, or prodcos. If they like it, you'll hear back from them. However, don't expect many companies to request your script unless you're in the top 3 (or maybe top ten).

      Mine's just a semifinalist and has gotten a couple of read requests. One producer got back to me to say he really liked my script and what else do I have. I'm not sure it's going anywhere, but at least it's an opportunity. A lot of contests completely ignore their semifinalists, so I give Scriptapalooza credit for trying.

      If you want the details of exactly what they do and how, you'll need to ask Mark Andrushko. I doubt anyone else can answer that.

      Good luck and congratulations on your placement.
      Congrats on your second time, and thanks for the info.! Just one more question - the first time you got into the Top 100, did your read requests come all at once (not long after Mark sent out the list), or did some any later in the year-long period that they promoted it?
      "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

        I believe I just got one or two requests last time, and they came closer to the beginning of the process.

        Also, I think Scriptapalooza is pushing harder this time. I don't remember Mark asking us to send revised loglines last time, so that may be a new thing he's doing.

        My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

          Originally posted by Margie Kaptanoglu View Post
          I believe I just got one or two requests last time, and they came closer to the beginning of the process.

          Also, I think Scriptapalooza is pushing harder this time. I don't remember Mark asking us to send revised loglines last time, so that may be a new thing he's doing.
          Ok - great information again. And good to know about the more aggressive pushing. Thanks, and best of luck this time!
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

            I've also placed twice in the top 100 (this year and last year) with two different scripts. I think they just send out the loglines in rounds to all of their industry contacts. Last year I had around six requests. I've got two so far this time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Scriptapalooza Top 100 Promotion

              Originally posted by grumpywriter View Post
              I've also placed twice in the top 100 (this year and last year) with two different scripts. I think they just send out the loglines in rounds to all of their industry contacts. Last year I had around six requests. I've got two so far this time.
              Good to know - thanks!
              "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

              Comment

              Working...
              X