Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John August - thank you

John August said he comes on here occassionally to see what people are saying about him - so I just wanted to say what has probably been said many times - you are awesome, Mr. August.

Both you and Craig Mazin are great and are doing a real service for us who are learning the craft. The podcast is great, and meeting you both at Austin was wonderful. Even little things like your posts on youtube on how to write (where you write/edit action - I think it was doen in 2010?) - all wonderful.

So yeah, just wanted to put out a positive note and say thank you!
    www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
    http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Re: John August - thank you

He is awesome. I love the podcasts and dug his contributions back on IMDB. His podcast is a breath of fresh air in this field. I wish more folks would follow suit.

Thank you JA!

EJ

Comment

Son of a !!!! Never knew he had a Youtube channel. Checking that out right now!

Craig and John are some cool cats, mainly because they interact with us, peasants.

Comment

A-f***ing-men.

Comment

They are both incredibly motivating.

Craig wrote some very positive comments on pages I had submitted on here, and I have to say, hearing those things with someone with a career like his is incredibly inspirational and helpful when battling our inner critics, which we all do.

Thanks, John and Craig.

Comment

+1. The podcast is very instructive, and quite a lot of fun to listen to.

Comment

I try to catch most of the podcasts. Thanks for the tip on the YouTube rewrite videos, good stuff.

Comment

To celebrate those great guys each of us should put an August and a Mazin in their script, if only as episodic characters.

I'm doing that.

Comment

Thank you, John August and Craig Mazin. Love your podcast. You truly give back to the screenwriting community.

Enjoy the holidays!

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

I already expressed my appreciation on another thread, but I'll say it again here: THANK YOU!

In a world where so many people either disdain or exploit wannabe screenwriters, you guys treat us (and the weird s**t we care about) with respect. You give us a glimpse -- and even a door -- into your world, one which "beckons like a liberation" to many of us.
                    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Yes! I love their little TV intros-- when they say "things that are interesting to screenwriters" they really mean it. We're a geeky bunch and it's great to hear two people geek out about screenwriting issues. Thanks, and merry holidays to you guys!

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks John and Craig!
                        Vancouver Screenwriters Meetup Group

Comment

+1. I tune in every week. I wish these podcasts were around 10 years ago. Thank you John and Craig.

Comment

#68 was great, with Lindsay Doran. I saw her at the layered storytelling panel at AFF this year (JA on the same panel). She's quite the writer's advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
                              "things that are interesting to screenwriters"
                              Or "inneresting", as discussed a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X