No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Quest Initiative; Logline competition

Originally posted by jcpdoc View Post
    Way to go! Top 1% is um... pretty darn good. Did you have the logline(s) sitting around or did you create it specifically for Quest?
    Thanks! It's a story idea I've been working on for awhile, but Scott does ask you to be willing to start from scratch if you are chosen.

Congrats! Please let us know how it goes.
    Thanks, I will!

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
      Congrats! Hope you make it!
      I didn't!

But I did learn something. I suck at interviews and must try to find a way to engineer my career so that I never have to speak to anyone in person ever again. Perhaps I could say I had a tragic voice-box accident and am permanently mute.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
        I didn't!

But I did learn something. I suck at interviews and must try to find a way to engineer my career so that I never have to speak to anyone in person ever again. Perhaps I could say I had a tragic voice-box accident and am permanently mute.
        I hate silver lining people when I'm grumpy about something, but I'm going to be a silver lining person right now. Maybe a green lining person: I'm envious of the affirmation you got of the potential viability of your project even though you didn't make it. You were up there.

But still, that doesn't make it any less of a bummer that you weren't selected. That's a real letdown. Sorry. Keep at it...
        Last edited by WaitForIt; 07-08-2013, 11:24 PM. Reason: Forgot a word.
        "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
        Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Comment

I truly believe that if an opportunity doesn't pan out, it wasn't meant for you. Something better is on the horizon. Not to say this isn't a great opportunity for people who were chosen, just that there is inevitably some better option for you, personally. I say go ahead and write the script. Top 1% should be pretty motivating....now get off DD and start writing!

Comment

I didn't!

Hey, sorry to hear that, but like the silver-green lining person and I Dream of Jeannie said, sounds like a viable concept so go ahead and write it. Maybe by the time you finish it, you'll be able to talk once again.

Comment

I didn't!

I have bad news. Getting in front of people and being able to express your ideas and your enthusiasm is at least HALF of what a studio writer's career entails.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
                I have bad news. Getting in front of people and being able to express your ideas and your enthusiasm is at least HALF of what a studio writer's career entails.
                Yeah, I was sort of being tongue-in-cheek with that remark.

Comment

Working...
                X