No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nicholl

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
    In with two! Whew. Now I have to go lie down...

Late Night Writer
    Impressive!

Gratz to you and all the other DD QFers!

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
      Well, the loglines are still a work in progress (i.e., I'm not happy with the loglines), but one script is a sci-fi thriller, and the other is a snarky techno-thriller. The third script that I submitted got Greg's kind note on the dink letter that it was in the next group of 100 after the quarterfinals -- that one is a family film. (So much for branding oneself in one genre, heh.)

Late Night Writer
      Wow, well done LateNightWriter. Two into the QFs. Love the genres. Must be damn well written, well done.

Congrads to all those who made the cut.

I didn't... With a well-revised script that made the Semis last year so I'm feeling pretty low about that. The Nicholl's giving out reader notes to all QFs this year and I really wanted those notes. My script received 'Two positive reads but outside top 20%'... As Greg's email says '...while we strive to make the evaluation of screenplays as objective a process as possible, it is inherently both a personal and an extremely subjective matter.'

I'm going to be feeling pretty down for a month or two.

Comment

First time to enter. Script 1, which I consider the strongest, didn't place at all. Script 2 is a quarterfinalist. Both are crime thrillers.

Everything is subjective, even my opinion about being subjective.

~D

Comment

In with a comedy...congrats everybody!

Comment

Anyone in with animation?
            www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
            http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Congrats to those who advanced. And to those who didn't, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Or in my case, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again.

(For the record, that's 29 tries that preceded success.)

Comment

Whoa, MWer! That fills me with hope!!!

Late Night Writer

Comment

I've entered twice before this year - made the next 100 after the qf cutoff the first time, then fell to the top 10% the next year, and now the quarterfinals. All with the same script, though extensively revised each time.
                  Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Originally posted by Dixon View Post
                    First time to enter. Script 1, which I consider the strongest, didn't place at all. Script 2 is a quarterfinalist. Both are crime thrillers.

Everything is subjective, even my opinion about being subjective.

~D
                    Hmmm, you and I have almost identical experiences. My first time to enter as well. Script 1, which I likewise consider the strongest, got nowhere. Script 2, which I entered on a whim, is a quarterfinalist. The first is a historical drama and the QF script is a sci-fi crime thriller.

All subjective, except how the contest is run which is fabulously well.

Congrats to all that advanced!

Comment

First time entering with 1 script. No QF but made the top 10%. Will be back next year with multiple submissions!

Best of luck to all who advanced!

Comment

Gratz to all the made the QF!!! I will toil and tinker away with all of us that didn't until next year... I hear it dramatically improves one's chances if one actually enters the contest...
                        "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." ~Jung

Comment

Originally posted by nealm View Post
                          My first year entering. I entered three and one of them made the QF! One was a no dice and I'm still waiting to hear back on the third (which I actually feel was my best of the three).

I just spent the last ten minutes pacing around my apartment and pumping my fist.
                          Just found the missing email in my spam folder. It too made the QF! Two out of three! I don't even know what to do with myself right now!... Whiskey shots, that's what!

Comment

Bravo, Nealm! Margaritas!

Late Night Writer

Comment

Made it to the QF with a new script (wrote final scenes day of deadline).

Last year went nowhere with two (did not resubmit them).

Congrats to all -- impressed at the multiples!

Comment

Originally posted by MWer View Post
                                Congrats to those who advanced. And to those who didn't, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Or in my case, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try again.

(For the record, that's 29 tries that preceded success.)
                                MWer received a Fellowship in 2012!

Comment

Working...
                                X