• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Creative World Awards 2013

Still alive.

Comment

They got my hopes up with the consistent Wednesday postings. Thank God they sent that 'we'll let you know on Friday' message today or I'd have been checking my inbox all day today and tomorrow.

/will probably still eye my inbox like Mad Eye Moody tomorrow anyway, just in case
      //CONSTANT VIGILANCE!
      "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

So, an update: I won my category! I woke up to the email Sunday morning and have been working like a madman since, prepping for whatever comes next. The past few days have been non-stop logline, pitch and synopsis polishing for all my projects. I'm going to be ready for whatever comes next. Two of my other scripts were Second Rounders at Austin, so now I'm really going to try to go.

Keep writing, keep polishing, keep working. You'll get somewhere.

Comment

Congrats Eric, hope some good things come out of the win.

Comment

I just joined, made the quarters with my first script that I wrote in an MFA program. Now what?

Comment

What do you mean, now what?

Write some more and win next year
              www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
              http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Yep, that's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

A belated well done Eric!

I came 2nd in my category last year. CWA is a contest that I really like and have entered every year for the past 4 or so. Unfortunately it does not have anything like the presence of the Nicholl so my 2nd placing (in action/adventure) did not lead to any reads. Actually I did get a read request 6 months or so later due to the placing after someone spoke to CWA asking for very good action scripts.

I do quote all my placings in query letters and I'm sure that opens a lot of doors that would otherwise be closed.

Comment

Working...
                  X