Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Writing Fellowship

Just wanted to send everyone an update. I saw on the Nick Writing Fellowship Facebook page that semifinalist calls are going out today and tomorrow (ack!). Good luck to all who entered! Hope some DDers' phones start ringing!

Re: Nick Writing Fellowship

Are you speaking of the Nicholl? I just pored over their FB page, and didn't see an announcement. In addition, they responded to a couple of "when will you announce the semifinalists," to which they replied "by email toward the end of August."

I think Austin calls the semifinalists, and sends letters out for second round/rejections.

Of course, I could be wrong about this.

Comment

Originally posted by happywash View Post
      Are you speaking of the Nicholl? I just pored over their FB page, and didn't see an announcement. In addition, they responded to a couple of "when will you announce the semifinalists," to which they replied "by email toward the end of August."

I think Austin calls the semifinalists, and sends letters out for second round/rejections.

Of course, I could be wrong about this.
      I could be wrong, but I think the OP is referring to the Nickelodeon Fellowship.
      Last edited by cshel; 08-27-2013, 10:33 AM. Reason: typo
      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

cshel is correct. I was referring to the Nickelodeon Fellowship (called the Nick Writing Fellowship on their Facebook page, and the Nickelodeon Writing Program on their website). It's a paid TV writing fellowship. Fellow DDer Tiramisushi was a fellow a few years ago, before he went on to NBC Writer's on the Verge. For more information, the website is: http://www.nickwriting.com/home

BTW...I just saw that the semi-finalists are posted.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nick-...07813229240340

Did any DDers make the cut this year?

Comment

Gridlock'd did! Congratulations to him!

Comment

Sweet! Congrats, Gridlock'd!

Comment

Congrats, Gridlock'd. Was hoping to join you, but I guess they lost my "New Girl" spec in the mail.

Zero "New Girl," "Parks and Rec," and "Modern Family" specs in the semi-finals. Three "Happy Endings." Pretty wild.
              http://twitter.com/gregbrainos
              http://www.facebook.com/greg.brainos

Comment

there's 1 parks and rec. good luck to everyone! those interviews are brutal!
                http://kiyongkim.com

Comment

Thanks, guys!

I always envied the people I've seen get congratulations messages on this board over the years. It's so cool to finally be on the receiving end! Honestly, it didnt feel quite real until right now.

Now it's just the simple matter of charming a woman on the phone. That's what I do best... right? Right? *dabs sweat, loosens tie*
                  gridlock'd
                  Last edited by gridlock'd; 08-27-2013, 04:48 PM.
                  "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                  - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by tiramisushi View Post
                    Oh, good, "Brutal." He used the word "Brutal."

PS: Thanks again for the reminder!
                    http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...824#post854824
                    - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

A brutal Congrats, grid.

Good Luck

P.S. You wear a tie?
                      Until I can find a quote from Pope Francis regarding one licking one's butt in the Vatican I'll post this:
                      Just One Scene - Contest #1

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                        A brutal Congrats, grid.

Good Luck

P.S. You wear a tie?
                        Yes, but only when I'm lying.

Originally posted by tiramisushi View Post
                        I just read the interview you did with Karen. Very enlightening. I see that you say they don't accept original sitcom scripts as a second spec. Is that still the case? I do have another existing show spec but it's ANOTHER "Always Sunny." Same show I won with. You think she'd accept that for the follow-up script? I worried that doesn't show much range.

My friend wants me to whip up a new spec in the next week but that seems kinda crazy. I can't write that fast. Not well, anyway.
                        - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock'd View Post
                          Yes, but only when I'm lying.

I just read the interview you did with Karen. Very enlightening. I see that you say they don't accept original sitcom scripts as a second spec. Is that still the case? I do have another existing show spec but it's ANOTHER "Always Sunny." Same show I won with. You think she'd accept that for the follow-up script? I worried that doesn't show much range.

My friend wants me to whip up a new spec in the next week but that seems kinda crazy. I can't write that fast. Not well, anyway.
                          If you get staffed on a show, that's about how long you have to write an episode. Might be worth a try, if only for practice.

Comment

Congrats Grid, good luck with the interview.

Comment

Thanks, guys! I think the phone interview went well, but they say it all comes down to the second spec. I think my second spec is good, not great, but hopefully that's the case with everyone else in the running.

The interview was stressful but at least now that it's over, I can kick back, relax, and prepare for 11 more interviews. Assuming I advance.
                              - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X