Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Universal Emerging Writers Program

Or, notifications went out and nobody we know has been notified.

Comment

just doing a Google search leads me to believe that notifications have not been sent out. Either that or nobody bothered to mention it on any message board or website out there...

Comment

They just posted to the Universal Emerging Writers' Facebook page that they needed more time to evaluate the applications. They are notifying after the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Comment

I heard semi-finalist notifications went out today! Anybody luck out?

Comment

Can I ask where you heard this from?

Comment

One writer tweeted that she was a semifinalist tonight:
              https://twitter.com/julieannewight/s...20218092711936

So calls are going out--if they haven't all gone out already. No DDers?

Comment

Still waiting to hear back... so far this one Twitter person seems to be the only person to come forth and claim to have been notified. Universal created a Facebook page specifically for the emerging writers program and have not made any type of announcement about making an announcement... so they might not be done contacting people. I would assume if all the semifinalists were contacted, there would be at least a couple that came forward either on the Facebook page, or here, or wherever.

Comment

That was a rather cryptic tweet though. I don't think it's a declaration of semifinalist status.

It's also possible that semifinalists were asked not to announce their status. That's not uncommon. Or they may have only chosen a few who didn't announce it online. Not everyone is on social media, or publicly viewable twitter accounts, etc.

At this point, I'm just going to assume I didn't make it.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not--but more cryptic posts like that are popping up (even on the EWF Facebook page). Someone on the EWF Facebook page mentioned a classmate who receieved her notification yesterday.

Plus, bmcthomas is right. Many competitions ask that you keep your status confidential until winners are announced. When the happens--usually those people still tell a friend or two and you start seeing posts saying simply that "I hear that calls are going out."

The other thing is--they may not have many people to notify. It's very likely that only 10-25 writers advanced, so that in itself would limit the amount of announcement posts you'd see.

That said, Whether they've made all calls or not, I would not assume they'll notify everyone. If you read the FAQ page that UniversalEWF put out, they specifically said only those who advance will be notified. It doesn't sound like they plan on notifying anyone else until the winners are chosen. In this case, no news is not good news.

The only reason they sent a Facebook update before Thanksgiving was either that they received a large number of emails or wanted to prevent getting bombarded with those emails asking if and when the notifications would go out.
                    Last edited by celticbeauty; 12-11-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Official word is up on the Emerging Writing Fellowship facebook page. They chose and notified the 33 semifinalists already. Congratulations to those who advanced!

https://www.facebook.com/uniemergingwriters

Comment

Winners revealed.

Found this link through another bloggers website:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...58T4sI.twitter

Comment

Congrats to the winners! I made it to the semi-finalist round (Top 33 - 7%) who knows maybe in the future I can make it further!

Comment

Working...
                          X