"Running down a dream, that never would come to me." Tom Petty

Re: Anyone attending AFM this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

*crickets*

Really? Nobody?

Comment

it's an event where filmmakers who already have something in the can typically go to sell the foreign rights, as i understand AFM. not so much for screenwriters to pitch their specs (although if low-budget genre stuff is your niche, i guess you could always try and hobknob with the producers there)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
        it's an event where filmmakers who already have something in the can typically go to sell the foreign rights, as i understand AFM. not so much for screenwriters to pitch their specs (although if low-budget genre stuff is your niche, i guess you could always try and hobknob with the producers there)

Hmmm...it shows 216 writers on the attendee list.

Comment

I'm not going ( I am in NYC) but a director I frequently work with is going to try and sell his feature, and a producer I have several projects with is also going. I think it's a case where if it's feasible to go, something can come of it, but it also doesn't seem like a place that is conducive or generally that open to writers unless they are also somewhat experienced producers and or directors, or are traveling with the former.
          Last edited by LRic54; 10-26-2013, 11:46 PM. Reason: mistake typo

Comment

Working...
          X