Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Academy Nicholl Fellowships - 2014 - Questions & Answers

Entered three scripts and finished in the top 10%, 10%, and 15%. So I guess I am really good at being almost good enough. Oh well. Aiming for the top 0.1% next year. Good luck to all those who advanced.

Comment

I made it through to the next round. So happy to be a QF! Notifications came out so early! Congrats to all who advanced!

Comment

I got one in. Strangely, I had a script make the top 50 last year. I tightened it up and resubmitted this year. It didn't make the QFs. Weird and frustrating.

Comment

One made Top 10%, the other got two positive reads. Congrats to those moving on.
          Speaking of, question for Greg, if a script that advances gets sold before the next round and is out of the competition, do you guys push ahead one of the scripts that just missed the cut, or is it just one less script in the competition?

Comment

One positive score but not high enough for a third read. Le sigh. But that story is about a quarter of the way through the process of becoming a novel, which it's probably better suited for.
            "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
            Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Comment

Ditto for me, WaitForIt. Congrats to all who have advanced and best of luck. Your successes inspire me.

Comment

Wow, I'm so glad to be in the Top 20%!!!!

Well, not really...

Comment

First-time quarterfinalist here.

Comment

Congrats to the QFs! (Especially the ones from DD.)

Mind if I ask for some advice? I landed a "next 100 after the quarterfinalists" note and was thinking about putting this script on the Blacklist. What would you write in the awards box though? "Nicholl Next 100"? That seems like bizarre competition jargon.

Maybe just "Nicholl Top 5%"?

Comment

Originally posted by canusaycarpaltunnel View Post
                      I made it to the QF's!!! Lost my father and my job within the past five weeks so this was a well-needed shot in the arm!!!! Now, excuse me while I do my happy dance!!!
                      I'm sorry for your loss. Dance your socks off, you deserve it.
                      "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
                      Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Comment

Congrats to QF cadre and to anyone who exceeded expectations.

Comment

congrats to all! i'm out with only one... will enter it in Final Draft and trackingb next.

Comment

Originally posted by Tochirta View Post
                            I'd be curious to know whether foreign stories with foreign characters (non White) made the quarters. Or if it's yet another "writer from LA" scenario
                            Scripts with "foreign stories with foreign characters (non White)" reach the quarters every year.

Most of the "writers from LA" moved here from somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by glantern2814 View Post
                              One made Top 10%, the other got two positive reads. Congrats to those moving on.
                              Speaking of, question for Greg, if a script that advances gets sold before the next round and is out of the competition, do you guys push ahead one of the scripts that just missed the cut, or is it just one less script in the competition?
                              No, we don't. Since we include ties, the top 5% is usually somewhat greater than 5%.

Comment

Originally posted by Garamond View Post
                                Congrats to the QFs! (Especially the ones from DD.)

Mind if I ask for some advice? I landed a "next 100 after the quarterfinalists" note and was thinking about putting this script on the Blacklist. What would you write in the awards box though? "Nicholl Next 100"? That seems like bizarre competition jargon.

Maybe just "Nicholl Top 5%"?
                                Don't have the answer but Nicholl Top 5% would not be accurate as those are the quarterfinalists. I guess it would be the Academy Nicholl Top 6.4%. Rounding up would probably be okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X