Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Academy Nicholl Fellowships - 2014 - Questions & Answers

Here's a cool thing to do (while pretending to work, heh) -- check out the collection of pages from famous screenplays over at the Nicholl Facebook site. It's fun to see how many lines it takes (or even just a glance at the character names) to guess the film.

Hope I have the link correct:

https://www.facebook.com/NichollFell...type=1&theater

Late Night Writer

Comment

Notifications just came out to semi-finalists. Unfortunately, my script did not advance. Congrats to the finalists! Hopefully there are some DDPers among them.

Comment

My semi didn't advance to the finals either, Rhodi.
        *sigh*. At least I advanced to the PAGE finals, so hope springs...

Late Night Writer

Comment

I'm thrilled to report that ARCADIA, which I cowrote with my terrific writing partner (a non-DDPer), advanced to the finals! We also have one in the semis, and I individually have one in the quarters. Very excited to see how things play out.
          Last edited by treacle_cutter; 09-16-2014, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by treacle_cutter View Post
            I'm thrilled to report that ARCADIA, which I cowrote with my terrific writing partner (a non-DDPer), advanced to the finals! We also have one in the semis, and I individually have one in the quarters. Very excited to see how things play out.
            That's wonderful news. A big congrats. Start planning right now cause the next several weeks (months?) are going to start getting busy. Getting ready to seize the day.

Comment

Wow! Amazing news, Treacle! Congrats to you and your partner. Any chance you'd be willing to share the genre and loglines for your three placements?

Late Night Writer

Comment

Congratulations, Treacle!
                "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Wow, the Nicholl list is out super early this year!

Comment

Amazing accomplishment, treacle! Congrats!!

Must be a real thrill to see your name on the list:

http://www.oscars.org/awards/nicholl/
                    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Another DDPer here, guys. I don't post frequently, but I'm always browsing, searching, finding support, encouragement, and everything we aspiring writers need. It's an amazing community and I'm constantly grateful for it.

Congrats Treacle! See you out west!
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by BenJacoby View Post
                        Another DDPer here, guys. I don't post frequently, but I'm always browsing, searching, finding support, encouragement, and everything we aspiring writers need. It's an amazing community and I'm constantly grateful for it.

Ben
                        Great to see a New Yorker made the list! Congrats!
                        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by BenJacoby View Post

Ben
                          And a major congrats to you as well! I look forward to meeting you, and the other finalists in the coming weeks.

Comment

If you're a 2014 Nicholl Quarterfinalist, Semifinalist, and Finalist, you should have received an email today offering you a free month of hosting for your script. If you haven't, email us at any of the addresses on the About page, so we can make sure to provide you this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
                              If you're a 2014 Nicholl Quarterfinalist, Semifinalist, and Finalist, you should have received an email today offering you a free month of hosting for your script. If you haven't, email us at any of the addresses on the About page, so we can make sure to provide you this opportunity.
                              Saw that today. Thanks, Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
                                Can we use this offer for a different script or does it specifically have to be the Nicholl placed one?

Comment

Working...
                                X