No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville Film Festival Screenwriting Competition

Has anybody entered this one?

I did, as the Festival sounds like a lot of fun.

Per the website, however, it said that the screenplays moving on in the competition would be listed in late February but now a new addition to the site says that semifinalists will be announced in late March. Does the latter mean that the moving-forward-scripts won't be listed?

Does anybody know anything further about the announcement process?

Thanks!

Re: Nashville Film Festival Screenwriting Competition

I also recalled the late Feb notice and just saw the change.

I am interested as well.

Comment

Good luck, Wise!
      Last edited by Cooper; 02-26-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

I have a short film in and saw that as well. I wonder if they received way more entries than they thought they would and just couldn't get them all done by the end of the month.

Comment

I sent an email to inquire -- I know a couple of others who did also -- I'll post if I get a reply. But you're probably right -- they must have had a lot of entries. Still I wish they'd been clear about the necessity for the change.
          Last edited by Cooper; 02-27-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
            Good luck, Wise!
            Thanks

You as well!

Comment

Originally posted by dave22 View Post
              I have a short film in and saw that as well. I wonder if they received way more entries than they thought they would and just couldn't get them all done by the end of the month.
              This may be the case. The guy in charge really went nuts marketing this thing. I think he was accused of spamming it and ended up being banned from some writer's forums. I was sent no less than 4 email invites from Nov to the last day of eligibility.

Comment

I completely understand contests where the deadline for listing advancing entries needs to be extended, whether a few days or even a few weeks. It happens a lot, but good contests keep the contestants appraised of what's happening either by mass email or at least through a posting on their website. Does anyone mind IF they're informed? I sure don't, as I appreciate the update. But the contest staff of this one have done nothing of the sort.

Advancing screenplays will be posted by the end of February? Well, it's March and no word.

Another DD member pm'd me that he'd sent an email to NFFSC about when the advancing screenplays would posted, and then he forwarded a reply which basically said that the organizers would post here rather than answer individually. That was last Tuesday. Nothing so far. It would have taken them less than a minute to update us. It would have taken the same amount of time to let us know on their webpage.

Maybe I'm spoiled after being a part of the excellently run Page competition, but this is aggravating. They pushed their contest with such zeal in the beginning but now that the entries (or the entry fees) are in, silence.

Comment

Originally posted by ewtaylor View Post
                  The guy in charge really went nuts marketing this thing. I think he was accused of spamming it and ended up being banned from some writer's forums. I was sent no less than 4 email invites from Nov to the last day of eligibility.
                  Doesn't bode well, does it, when marketing trumps all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                    Doesn't bode well, does it, when marketing trumps all.
                    They are an Oscar qualifier for short films, so they definitely aren't Fly by Night. The marketing blitz seemed to center around how they were the first to split their short script competition into different genre categories. Which really is risky and probably warranted that strong blitz. Some methods they could have been better at but hey, it worked on me. I found out about them through a Facebook Group he posted on.

My thinking went like this, "How many people are going to enter their short script in the Inspirational or Family Short Film categories of the Nashville Festival?" (When I said short film earlier I was supposed to write short script but apparently was only half thinking about my typing). Win the script competition, film it, enter film next year they have some emotional attachment to, win that, nomination, Boom! Oscar. I better go start writing my acceptance speech... Or snap back to reality. One of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by dave22 View Post
                      They are an Oscar qualifier for short films, so they definitely aren't Fly by Night.
                      Thanks for your insight, dave22. And good luck with your acceptance speech

Comment

Second round and semifinalists announced today. Emails went out to all applicants.

Sorry to say my script didn't make it, but I recognized a few names. Congrats to them!

Good luck to everybody!

Now - back to work on the current project.
                        http://maximumz.wordpress.com

Comment

Congrats to all those who've made it to the next round!

Heartfelt commiseration to those who didn't get any further (hey, I've been there, too).

I entered two -- both made it to the second round, only one made it to the semifinals. According to the website, finalists will be announced on Monday -- wow! -- that's the fastest next round turnaround ever!

Comment

Second round only in two categories. Have done some rewrites on those drafts since submitting though, and have fingers crossed for Nicholl and FD Congrats to all that moved onward and upward.

Comment

To give them some credit, I don't think they were expecting 1,511 entries for their very first contest. Actually pretty amazing they kept close to their original timetable...

Comment

Working...
                              X